Trauma Psychologist – Summa Health Traumatic Stress Center – Akron, Ohio
The Summa Health System is seeking an outstanding clinical/counseling psychologist with expertise and interest in assessment and treatment of trauma and its consequences to join the Summa Health Traumatic Stress Center (TSC). The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System.
The TSC provides an exciting clinical and research atmosphere. It is a specialty clinic providing outpatient and intensive outpatient clinical services to a demographically diverse patient population with various types of trauma exposure. You will be joining a well-established Department of Psychiatry team of 40 clinicians that include psychiatrists, psychologists, advance practice nurses, licensed independent social workers and addiction medicine physicians.
• Doctorate degree (PhD or PsyD) in Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program
• License to practice in Ohio or willingness to obtain
• Eligible candidates will have expertise in assessment and treatment of trauma and its consequences
• Duties will include individual and/or group psychotherapy and providing clinical supervision of doctoral and postdoctoral psychology trainees
• Employed position with comprehensive benefit package
• Competitive compensation with salary guarantee
• Faculty appointment is available at the Northeast Ohio Medical University
• Monday-Friday schedule allowing for exceptional work/life balance • Independent program of research if desired - develop and secure external funding
• The TSC is a specialty clinic providing outpatient and intensive outpatient clinical services to a demographically diverse patient population with various types of trauma exposure.
• We emphasize empirically supported individual and group interventions (e.g., Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy), partner with other clinics/departments (e.g., Inpatient Psychiatry, Primary Care, Women’s Health), conduct research to advance the science of traumatic stress, and provide training/education to psychology doctoral students, psychology postdocs, medical students, and psychiatry residents, as well as to health care providers elsewhere in the hospital and in other area organizations.
• Epic System’s EMR
• To learn more about Mental & Behavioral Health Services at Summa Health, please visit https://www.summahealth.org/medicalservices/behavioral
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.