Job Title: Primary Therapist
Specialty: Elite Athlete Track
Location: Denver, CO
Supervisor: Executive Clinical Director
Summary of Major Functions:
Primarily responsible for the direction of care of PHP patients as part of interdisciplinary team. Provides individual therapy, case management, group therapy, and treatment planning. Ensures implementation of the treatment plan in all aspects of programming and plans for a smooth transition and discharge from treatment. Responsible to document all treatment processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrate ability to provide comprehensive and ongoing assessment resulting in appropriate treatment and discharge recommendations (Patient’s BioPsychoSocial completed and filed in patient’s chart within 72 hours).
2. Create an individualized treatment plan with appropriate PHP goals and objectives (completed within 72 hours) and continually monitors progress and re-evaluates appropriateness of goals.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of and practice of clinical interviewing/counseling skills.
4. Ensure that patients are seen for individual therapy as clinically indicated (twice weekly for PHP).
5. Demonstrate ability to build therapeutic rapport.
6. Provide case management for each assigned case: demonstrate ability to facilitate and/or ensure the whole of patient care, integrate all aspects of care and ease the process of treatment for the patient.
7. Facilitate meals with expertise: demonstrate ability to challenge behaviors and support recovery.
8. Facilitate meals with patients in a fashion consistent with current policies and procedures; eat and model appropriate eating behaviors during assigned mealtimes with patients.
9. Facilitate groups with expertise: demonstrate ability to engage, set limits and monitor the group process.
10. Maintain and develop group curriculum.
11. Is creative in therapeutic interventions to maintain a safe, supportive, clinically sound milieu.
12. Is present and available for patient requests and needs; provide outreach to patients when necessary.
13. Maintain daily program structure.
14. Timely completion and accuracy of clinical paperwork: treatment plan, progress notes, etc.
15. Lead weekly staffings, conveying pertinent clinical information, formulating goals for the following week, and effectively communicating with members of the treatment team.
16. Ongoing attention to discharge plan evidenced by development of aftercare plan, transition sessions with OP providers, and patient’s awareness of available resources.
17. Thorough discharge summaries reflect course of treatment and D/C recommendations; completed within seven days of discharge and sent to patient’s outpatient providers.
18. Demonstrate leadership in assuring continuity and quality of partial program, including curriculum development and group implementation.
19. Provide clinical supervision to select clinical employees as assigned by Executive Clinical Director
20. Effective and consistent communication with referral sources and collaborative providers.
1. Specific training in performance-based/sports psychology
2. Experience working with athletes in a clinical setting
1. Preferred PhD or PsyD in behavioral health field preferred.
2. Experience working individually and in groups with eating disordered clients.
3. Clinical conceptualization of the treatment of eating disorders and dual diagnosis.
4. Good oral and written communication skills.
5. Clinical leadership skills.
6. Treatment orientation that aligns with that of EDCareRelocation Assistance Offered.