Ahmedabad University in India is seeking to appoint Assistant, Associate, and Full Professors at the Amrut Mody School of Management and the School of Arts and Sciences in the following areas:
Amrut Mody School of Management: Social Psychology, Industrial Psychology including the new technology industries, Organizational Behavior, Consumer Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Behavioral Operations and related areas.
School of Arts and Sciences: Abnormal, Biological, Cognitive, Developmental, Quantitative, Personality, and Social Psychology. Those interested in Behavioral Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, and Behavioral Decision Making are strongly encouraged to apply as we support multi-disciplinary teaching and research.
Ahmedabad University supports innovative, interdisciplinary, project-based education, and asserts the centrality of the arts and sciences in a broad, fulfilling education. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic new private research-intensive university with a public ethos. Faculty is expected to (a) engage in high-level research, seek external funding for their research, and publish in their specialist field, and (b) teach, supervise, and examine undergraduate and graduate students.
Applicants must have a doctorate degree (or be close to its completion) from an institution of international repute. They must also have a record of or potential for excellence in teaching and research, commensurate with their stages of career and the appointments desired.
Applicants are requested at this stage to submit
- A letter stating their interest in a position at the University and outlining briefly their qualifications for it
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae detailing their education, jobs held, university teaching experience, publications along with a list of three referees
- One representative article or other publication as an example of their scholarship
- A statement of their future research and teaching interests (maximum length, 1000 words)
Applications and enquiries should be made as follows:
- For those interested in the Amrut Mody School of Management to the office of the Dean using the email email@example.com
- For those interested in the School of Arts and Sciences to the office of the Dean using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the reference SAS/002 on your application
About Ahmedabad University: Ahmedabad University (established in 2009) is a private, non-profit university in the west of India, offering students a liberal education with a focus on research and interdisciplinary, project-based learning. The University is rooted in the vision of India's most well-known educational trust, The Ahmedabad Education Society, founded in 1935. The University offers programmes leading to degrees from bachelors to doctoral at its schools of Arts and Sciences, Engineering, and Management. The University is looking to attract ambitious scholars from around the world and is developing s with some of the finest academic institutions and companies. It is an opportunity to re-imagine a university in the global academy and within subcontinental traditions of knowledge, and to act as a bridge between the arts, the sciences and the professions.