Supervising Child and Family Psychologist
La Frontera Center and the Southern Arizona Psychology Internship Center [SAPIC] are seeking a full-time, doctoral level, licensed Psychologist, specializing in Child and Family assessment and intervention, to join the clinical team as well as the SAPIC faculty. La Frontera is a multidisciplinary community mental health organization providing integrated medical and mental health services to a diverse under-served population in Tucson Arizona. We offer services to children, adolescents and adults. SAPIC is an APA accredited program that has been in existence for 25 years and serves 6-8 pre-doctoral interns each year. The Faculty represent a diverse and comprehensive skill set and offer a passionate and rewarding collegiality.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The qualified Psychologist will skillfully apply psychological procedures and techniques, including diagnostic interviewing, comprehensive behavioral assessments, psychological/psycho-diagnostic testing, and evidenced-based therapies for the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of developmental and psychological problems among children. Further, this individual must be skilled in working with families and various agencies to support positive outcomes. Supervision of clinical work and teaching of various didactics among the pre-doctoral interns is an important part of this position in addition to the clinical work.
Candidate must have a Doctoral degree in Clinical or School Psychology, preferably from an APA Accredited program. Qualified candidates must be licensed as a psychologist by the State of Arizona or licensed in another state and eligible for Arizona licensure. Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the delivery of behavioral health assessment and treatment including: clinical assessments, psychotherapy and psychological testing with children as well as some experience in supervising interns or practicum students. Fluency in Spanish is a bonus, but not necessary.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge and skill in performing and supervising psychological evaluations of children and families including experience with various assessment instruments.
· Experience and skill in teaching, providing clinical supervision and consultation in concert with providing services to under-served populations.
· Knowledge and skill in performing and supervising empirically-supported practices of psychotherapy including a variety of therapeutic orientations and interventions such as: Family Systems, CBT, Trauma Informed Care, Attachment-focused Interventions, MI, and ACT.
· Knowledge of multicultural influences associated with various assessment instruments and the integration of cultural aspects in various therapeutic interventions.
· Knowledge of safety and security principles including crisis intervention.
· Ability to collaborate with referring medical providers, clinical staff, faculty, pre-doctoral interns, and support staff to provide quality care.
· Ability to present information or ideas concisely, accurately, and clearly both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Along with a competitive salary, La Frontera Center provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- A minimum of 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) annually
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Health insurance: Three different plans are offered, LFA covers or assists with 90% of premium costs for the employee
- Health Savings Account: LFA contributes $1,000 annually for employees who choose this plan
- Dental insurance: LFA covers or assists with 90% of the premium costs for the employee
- Medical/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts: LFA contributes $1,000 annually
- Vision Plan
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Catastrophic Leave: LFA pays 66 3/4 of base salary
- Every employee receives a Benefits Allowance compensation of 2% of base salary and then increased by 2% for every 2 years of service, up to 10 years
*Benefits are available on the first day of the month following an employee’s first 30 days of service.
** We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.