Bring your compassion and expertise to a strong team and dynamic organization with a goal to integrate behavioral health into all of its medical services. You can really let your creativity flow with this supportive team as we offer you the opportunity to practice with a full cadre of experienced behavioral health professionals that embraces new approaches and best practices. You will also have the chance to consult on a growing medication assistance clinic and a Suboxone Clinic. At Baystate Health and the Griswold Center, we value professional development and work life balance by providing a Professional Education Assistance program, paid CEU Days and Flexible Work Schedules.
As the substance use disorder therapist, you will be responsible for providing direct assessment and treatment services to adults with the opportunity to work with adolescent clients of the Griswold Center, in our outpatient setting. You will have the opportunity to utilize best practices in both individual and group therapy, in a treatment model that fosters peer support. This position will allow you the unique opportunity to collaborate with department psychiatric providers, primary care providers, specialty providers, and our inpatient units.
What You Will Do:
- Provide initial comprehensive assessment; individual and group therapy with an opportunity for group couples therapy; and consultative services
- Collaborate with other professionals including psychiatric providers, primary care providers, specialty providers and inpatient services
- Document therapy in accordance with hospital policies and procedures on medical records
- Participate in case reviews with your colleagues
What You Will Need:
- 2 years of supervised and 1 year of supervisory experience in a substance abuse setting
- Familiarity with CBT, ACT and 12-step facilitation is a plus
- LICSW or Licensed Psychologist preferred – independently licensed by the State of Massachusetts
What You Need to Know:
Position: Full Time – 40 hours per week
Schedule: Monday-Friday, Flexible hours. Clinic operates between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM. One evening a week is expected to accommodate employed clients.
The Griswold Behavioral Health Center not only consists of the Substance Abuse Team, but also the Child and Adolescent Team and Substance Abuse Team. Collectively, services include individual, couples, family and group therapy; psychiatric assessment and treatment for children, teens, adults and elders; substance abuse/addiction counseling; medication management services; and a driving under the influence second offenders program.
Baystate Health has been named a Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Network for ten consecutive years by Verispan, a national research company. For the second time, Baystate Medical Center has been named a Magnet™ hospital for excellence in nursing services, has been recognized as a Top 15 Health System in the USby Truven® Healthcare Analytics, and achieved elite distinction as just one of 34 High Performing Hospitals in America from U.S. News & World Report for 2015-2016, for achieving the highest possible rating for all five Common Care areas.