Overview of Boys Town:
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America's Youth?
Boys Town is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen , mind and spirit.
Our mission is centered on
creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline,
emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth
have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country's largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
Overview of Job:
This position can be considered for any of our locations: Central Florida, South Florida, Nebraska, Washington D.C, or Las Vegas, NV.
Boys Town Behavioral Health Clinics offer a wide range of outpatient services for children of all ages (2-22) who are experiencing behavioral, emotional, academic, or substance use concerns. Our clinics offer a wide range of specialized services including Parent Training, Family Therapy, Individual Therapy, and Psychological Assessments. The theoretical orientation of our clinics is primarily cognitive-behavioral. We are looking for a psychologist who is interested in providing outpatient services to children, adolescents, young adults and families presenting with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues including but not limited to depression, anxiety, sleep problems, ADHD, learning problems etc. Individuals with School Psychology, Clinical Psychology, or Counseling Psychology training backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
• Competitive salary which is influenced by training, expertise, skills, and years of experience.
• Benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance; a 401K retirement plan; paid vacation and sick leave
• Career advancement opportunities within the organization
• If an offer is extended, Boys Town is willing to pay the cost for one attempt at the National Licensure Exam (EPPP)
• Ph.D. or Psy.D in psychology or related field and advanced training in clinical, school, or counseling psychology, behavioral pediatrics, or parent training.
• Must have completed an APA approved internship or equivalent.
• Must be a licensed (or licensable) psychologist in the state in which practicing.
• Preferred 3 years of experience
• Familiarity with the Boys Town model or a similar behaviorally-oriented approach.
• Knowledge of behavioral pediatrics, internalizing and externalizing disorders, learning disabilities and other common childhood & adolescent mental health concerns.
• Knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of psychology with an emphasis on behavioral or cognitive behavioral theories. Knowledge of the principles and methods of administering, scoring and interpreting a wide variety of psychological and vocational tests.
• Knowledge of service planning and psychiatric rehabilitation methods. Knowledge of psychological research and statistics.
• Skill in performing difficult and complex testing, evaluation, diagnosis and therapy.
• Ability to apply psychological principles to therapeutic intervention with individuals, groups and families.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people.
• Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
social work, family advocacy, wrap-around services, mental health, psychology, sociology, human services, social services, criminal justice, criminology, education, oviedo, omaha, washington dc, west palm beach, las vegas, psychologist, psychiatrist
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, or, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender entity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.