Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division
McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. We invite you to become part of a team that delivers exceptional clinical care.
McLean Hospital is seeking to fill a full-time staff psychologist position in the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division.
- Provide all components of DBT in a residential adolescent setting. This includes providing individual DBT, group skills training, skill application and generalization, coaching, family therapy, and participation on a DBT consultation team and participation in the milieu. This includes treatment of teens and young adults (14-21 years old) and their families using DBT family skills and family therapy to facilitate more flexible and validating family environment
- Clinical psychology practice applies specific knowledge, theories and methods to assessment, diagnosis, treatment (individual, couple, family and group) and aftercare planning
- Expertise in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (theory and practice) is required
- Experience with adolescents and families preferred, in particular DBT with adolescents and their parents
- The successful candidate will provide clinical services for assigned patients and participate in the activities of the program
- He or she will be encouraged to participate in other hospital activities including committees, teaching, and research
- He or she will be expected to work on become a DBT-certified clinician (two current staff are certified DBT therapists, so help to become certified is readily available)
By meeting HMS teaching responsibilities, the candidate will be proposed for a concurrent academic appointment as an Instructor in Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
- Candidates must have a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited program, have completed an APA-accredited internship, and be licensed (or eligible for licensure) as a Psychologist HSP in the state of Massachusetts
- Qualified women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to Alan E. Fruzzetti, PhD, Program Director, 3East Boys Intensive Program at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
As an equal opportunity employer, McLean seeks qualified candidates for all employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability or veteran status. McLean particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
A Member of the Partners Healthcare System