Manage all qualitative market research including surveys, focus groups, research panel, and ethnographic research.
Education and Experience Required:
- 1-5 years experience in research
- Bachelor degree (Required)
- Masters in Psychology (Required)
- PhD in Psychology (Preferred)
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some data presentation design/visualization experience
- Experience coordinating and attending focus group (Preferred but not required)
- Experience moderating and analyzing focus group data (Preferred but not required)
- Experience managing a research panel (Preferred but not required)
- Experience presenting key findings (Preferred but not required)
- Experience in survey design, implementation, management, and analyzation (Required)
Computer Skills Required:
- Excel (Advanced proficiency required)
- Powerpoint (Advanced proficiency required)
- PowerBI (Some experience preferred)
- Tableau (Some experience preferred but not required)
- Qualtrics (Some experience preferred but not required)
- Graphic design skills (Some experience preferred but not required)
- Focus group management and coordination
- Focus group moderation and analysis
- Survey design, implementation, and analysis
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Present findings
- Respond to daily survey questions
- Coordinate project plan and project findings with quantitative Managers
- Work with supervisor to plan the department’s yearly priorities
- Manage research panel
- Manage survey sample and data integrity
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Event planning
- Expense reports
- Attending conferences
- Vetting vendors
- Coordinating with the legal department and other departments
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibility: Hires, trains, coaches, manages and evaluates performance of 1 or more direct reports. Approves direct reports’ timesheets and PTO in HRIS.
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system (linked from the Apply Now button) and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary expectations. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.