Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities - Highest Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, computer science, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida's anchor institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU's Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Staff Psychologist will be responsible for conducting intake assessments, brief individual and group therapy, clinical consultations, outreach, educational programming, and individual- and team-related performance interventions. While student-athletes will be the specialized focus for this position, the individual will provide service to the general FIU student population aswell as crisis intervention and consultation. May serve as a clinical supervisor in the CAPS training program. Evening hours will be required. FIU is a NCAA Division I institution and a member of Conference USA.
- Conducts psychological evaluations and provides short-term therapy in individual and group settings for FIU students. Provides initial assessments, crisis management, triage, and walk-in emergency service during CAPS hours of operation. Provides mental health services and mental performance consultations to student-athletes. Maintains clinical records and necessary statistics of psychotherapeutic and other client contacts in the Titanium Electronic Record System.
- Consults with psychiatrists as needed to coordinate care for students.
- Consults with FIU Athletic Department personnel, parents, physicians, faculty, student/academic deans, residence life staff, off-campus counseling services, other campus offices and students, when appropriate and with appropriate authorization, in order to provide quality care to students.
- Consults and collaborates closely with Sports Medicine staff to ensure holistic care.
- Makes referrals to off-campus therapists, clinics, or hospitals, when appropriate.
- Supervises and participates in training experiences for trainees. Provides case management and consultation to trainees, as assigned. Provides crisis management supervision to trainees, as requested.
- Provides mental performance consultation to varsity athletic teams. Conducts psycho-educational programs for student-athletes. Conducts other outreach and educational programming, as requested, including orientation sessions for new students and parents, suicide prevention training, workshop presentations, and emergency support services to the campus community.
- Attends and participates in regular CAPS staff meetings, case conferences, and in-service trainings. Participates in Student Affairs and other university committees, as assigned.
- Doctorate from an APA Accredited Clinical or Counseling Psychology program with an APA accredited internship. Licensed Psychologist with one (1) year of experience post-licensure.
- Hold a completed doctoral level degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA-accredited academic program.
- Completion of a doctoral internship at an APA-accredited site.
- Licensed or license-eligible (post-doctoral hours must be completed prior to start date) in the State of Florida.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in crisis intervention and consultation with collateral parties.
- Experience in working with the specific needs of student-athletes and in consulting with Athletic Departments and/or Sports Medicine staff.
- Knowledge and experience providing sport performance consultations and mental health services to student-athletes.
- Demonstrated understanding of ethical and legal issues in mental health practice.
- 1-3 years' post-doctoral experience providing mental health services to inter-collegiate student-athletes, or serving as primary mental health provider/consultant to a collegiate athletic department.
- Previous experience working in a comprehensive university counseling center, including partnering effectively and collegially on an interdisciplinary team with campus partners.
- Currently licensed in the State of Florida as a Clinical Psychologist.
- Certification as a Certified Mental Performance Consultant or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience with and commitment to working with diverse clients, including, but not limited to, individuals from ethnically and racially diverse backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, religious and spiritual beliefs, national origin, socio-economic status, and size and appearance.
- Knowledge and experience with evidence-based treatment modalities such as dialectical behavior therapy and/or cognitive-behavioral therapy.
- Experience providing sport performance consultation to athletic teams.
- $67,940 - $85,943
- Criminal Background Check
- Driver License Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 516628.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/4knmw969mrq82k3s