The University of New Hampshire Psychological and Counseling Services (PACS) invites applications for a Senior Psychologist position. We are seeking a team-oriented generalist with strong clinical skills ready to meet the increasing severity of college students' mental health needs. A successful candidate will join a staff of diverse professionals who are sensitive and committed to the needs of a multicultural organization and the richness of human differences. Demonstrated experience working with underrepresented student populations, as well as competencies in brief treatment, crisis management, group interventions and the provision of clinical supervision are required.
- PhD/PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology, or equivalent including a supervised internship
- Licensed as a psychologist for five years at the time of application (please specify jurisdiction and date psychologist license was granted)
- Eligible for licensure as a psychologist in the State of New Hampshire and gain licensure within 12 months of beginning position
- Minimum of five years' experience working in a college or university counseling center (pre-doctoral internship and post doc fellowship may be included)
- Ability to provide brief and focused counseling
- Demonstrated competency working with multicultural and other diverse populations
- Experience providing risk assessment and crisis response
- Experience facilitating counseling groups
- Experience working as a part of a collaborative, team-based approach to clinical services in a fast-paced work setting
The Staff and University:
Six licensed psychologists, five mental health clinicians, three postdoctoral fellows, three doctoral interns, and three administrative assistants staff PACS. PACS is accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services, Inc. (IACS) and is a member of the Association of Psychology Internship Centers (APPIC) Our Doctoral Internship Program is fully accredited by the American Psychological Association PACS staff is characterized by a diversity of background, training, theoretical orientation and special interests. For more information about our center, please go to our website www.unh.edu/pacs.
The University of New Hampshire was founded in 1866 as a land-grant institution, has an enrollment of approximately 15,000 undergraduates and 2,200 graduate students. It is located in Durham, NH. UNH is a major educational institution in New Hampshire and is committed to offering excellent educational programs and opportunities for its students. It is a Land-Ocean-Space Grant Institution. The campus, 188 acres in size, is surrounded by more than 3,000 acres of fields, farms and woodlands that are great for hiking, jogging and cross-country skiing. The University also offers fine athletic facilities and the Paul Creative Arts Center with two theaters and two art galleries.
The University of New Hampshire is a predominately white institution (PWI) with an active commitment to social justice and diversity, https5//www.unh.edu/inclusive. Employees from underrepresented groups who thrive here understand the complexity of working at a PWI and value small town culture with close proximity to metropolitan areas and natural spaces.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer.
To apply: http://apptrkr.com/1342947