POSITION: Senior Director of Behavioral Health
REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
DEPARTMENT: Behavioral Health
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Senior director of Behavioral Health (SDBH) is responsible for the management and transformation of the Health Center's behavioral health department and integrated behavioral health and substance use services.
The Health Center is committed to providing high quality integrated and specialty behavioral health and substance use services for adults and children. It is also committed to continuing to expand and improve integrated services and to build partnerships with other community and healthcare organizations to support provision of care to shared patients, families, and community members.
The SDBH oversees the management of existing BH services and programs, including the integrated adult BH service, the integrated pediatric BH service, the integrated substance use service, the integrated psychiatric service, as well as, the specialty BH department, which includes adult, pediatric and psychiatry services. In addition, the SDBH partners with medical leadership in the management of the medical assisted treatment (MAT) program for substance use.
The SDBH is responsible for being the thought leader for BH services and the champion for development of a sustainable model for BH integration with medical and other services. The SDBH is responsible for recommendations to senior management on how best to transform BH services and to develop a fiscally sound plan for sustainability.
In collaboration with other health center leaders and the health center grant manager, the SDBH is responsible for oversight of the development of appropriate grant applications and management of grant-funded programming.
The SDBH is responsible to assure that BH and substance use programming, partnerships, and reporting are developed to support achievement of ACO and quality contract requirements. Additional responsibilities include mentorship of other BH leaders on change management, and transformation of BH roles to foster success in integration and BH financial sustainability.
The SDBH works collaboratively with other health center leaders in order to support a shared vision and operations for care provision for health center patients and their families.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Masters or Doctoral Degree in related health field
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of psychotherapy and psychiatric casework strongly preferred
- Knowledge of principles and practices of planning, organizing and supervising community mental health and/or substance use is preferred
- Understanding of the cultural, socio-economic and language factors that affect service delivery to multicultural populations
- Experience with regulatory guidelines
- Previous management experience including hiring, supervision, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff
- Previous project development and project management experience as well as experience with Grant and Financial Management
Codman serves a diverse population. Applicants who have a multicultural background and/or bilingual are encouraged to apply. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- A retirement employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, and Dental
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Educational Assistance and tuition reimbursement Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Other benefits and perks!
CSHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V encouraged to apply
To Apply: Visit Our Career Center
We will have representatives at the collaborative Family Healthcare Association's 20th Annual Conference, October 18-20, 2018 in Rochester, NY. Please email Sheila Bailey atSheila.firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a meeting with us during the conference to learn more about the position and our Health Center.