Job Class: Behavioral Medicine Practitioner
Closing Date: 2/28/2019
Salary Range: $30.25 - $44.98 /hourly; $63,162 - $93,918 /annually
Explore a rewarding career opportunity, working with a forward thinking and innovative leadership team, where you will provide consultation and leadership to the Forensic Services Behavior Support team. As a Senior Consulting Psychologist you will provide psychological services as part of the behavior support team to assess treatment needs for behaviorally challenging individuals. You will support treatment teams through assessments, data analysis, and development and implementation of behavior support strategies. In addition, you’ll provide clinical consultations, person centered support recommendations, training and guidance to teams as assigned.
As the Senior Consulting Psychologist, you will provide clinical direction to department peers in implementation of these strategies. Additionally, deliver treatment groups, assist in program development and maintenance, and give individual assistance to patients as needed. Knowledge and experience in behavior management and modification for individuals with developmental disabilities and related conditions and other serious and persistent mental disorders are needed.
Forensic Services, a division of the Minnesota Department of Human Services, consists of statewide programs that provides evaluation and treatmentto individuals within the legal system. Forensic Services also provides innovative and responsive behavioral care to people with complex needs and challenges; some of whom may present substantial safety risks.
- PhD or PsyD in clinical psychology
- Licensure as a psychologist by the Minnesota Board of Psychology*
*License eligible psychologists can be hired on a provisional appointment.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
- NOTE- To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that you clearly describe your experience in the areas listed
- REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS- The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment
- EDUCATION VERIFICATION- Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their high school diploma at time of interview OR copies of their college transcript or college degree/diploma at time of interview. Copies of the college degree/diploma are acceptable ONLY if it clearly identifies the field in which it was earned
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 19143.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at (651) 259-3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Taylor Stiff at email@example.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER