Job Class: Behavioral Medicine Practitioner
Closing Date: 2/28/2019
Salary Range: $32.41 - $ 53.55/hourly; $67,672 - $111,812 /annually
Forensic Services, a division of the Minnesota Department of Human Services located at the St. Peter Regional Treatment Facility, is seeking candidates for a compelling career in Forensic Psychology as a Senior Clinical Psychologist.
In this role, you will provide a variety of psychological services to Forensic Services patients including psychological evaluation, crisis intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
In this position, you will also provide:
- Psychological consultation services regarding differential diagnosis, effective treatment strategies, risk management (e.g., suicidality), and other related issues as requested by treatment teams, other disciplines, and Forensic Services staff
- Presentation of information regarding psychological assessment results, patients’ treatment progress, and other pertinent data to appropriate authorities within the hospital, the Special Review Board, the Minnesota courts, and other pertinent state and community agencies, as required
- Completing competency to stand trial and criminal responsibility evaluations
- Providing risk assessments, patterned sex offender evaluations, and evaluations for the courts for Mentally Ill and Mentally Ill and Dangerous commitment hearings
- Expert testimony at court and Special Review Board hearings
- Providing technical consultation and direction to a broad spectrum of other clinicians, the courts, and community health care providers in the specialized field of forensic psychology
- Providing specialized consultation to treatment teams in multiple programs serving the mentally ill, chemically dependent, developmentally disabled, and sex offender populations throughout the Forensic Treatment Services network
As a Senior Clinical Psychologist, you will be a member of committees addressing performance improvement, program development, and other related topics as requested or assigned. As a master clinician, you’ll provide clinical supervision to unlicensed psychologists, training for unlicensed psychology staff and psychological trainees, offer advanced problem-solving skills when providing consultations and provide mentoring and educational experiences to unlicensed psychologists to enhance department’s overall clinical capacity. You will also effectively solve problems using creativity and a thorough knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
The programs supervised at this level will be characterized by diverse client populations; complex comorbidity of diagnoses/disabilities, and application of a broad range of psychotherapy techniques.
Forensic Services consists of statewide programs that provide evaluation and treatment to individuals within the legal system. Forensic Services also provides innovative and responsive behavioral care to people with complex needs and challenges; some of whom may present substantial safety risks.
This position is posted at two levels (Psychologist 3 and Behavior Medicine Practitioner) and will be fulfilled based on the credentials and experience of the selected candidate. To apply at the Psychologist 3 level, please see Job ID 27998, which requires licensure (LP) OR License eligible candidates on a provisional appointment with supervision towards licensure
Newly hired Behavioral Medicine Practitioners may be granted a recruitment incentive of up to $2,500!
*Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidates*
- PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology
- Licensure as a Psychologist (LP) by the Minnesota Board of Psychology or license eligible in other states
- One year post-licensed experience
- Experience working in a forensic and/or correctional setting
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE CHECKS/BACKGROUND CHECKS -The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 27988.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at (651) 259-3637
If you have questions about the position, contact Taylor Stiff (HR) at email@example.com or Dr. Thanh Son Nguyen-Kelly (Supervisor) at firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER