The Portland office of RMC Research Corporation has an opening for a full-time Research Associate (Quantitative Analyst). The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in Portland, Oregon, on large scale national evaluation and research efforts to study key issues in education, health, and human services. Though part of a national corporation, the Portland office offers a small company feel where colleagues are often found collaborating on designs, discussing findings, and leveraging each other’s strengths to provide the highest quality services for clients.
- Coordinate data management and cleaning for large (e.g., 1.3 million students, 15 years of data), complex data sets (e.g., longitudinal student level achievement data, statewide survey data), including data quality control and internal consistency checks and evaluation of statistical assumptions
- Conduct univariate, multivariate, multilevel, and longitudinal analyses
- Interpret findings and develop reports, briefs, and presentations summarizing results and recommendations
- Participate in proposal writing to secure new contract funding for the evaluation of education, health, human services, and violence prevention programs
- Develop rigorous evaluation designs, sampling strategies, and analytic plans using innovative and reliable statistical tests and techniques
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) or 5 years of equivalent work experience in education evaluation, health, or social sciences
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in education evaluation, health, or social sciences
- Strong background in research methodologies and experience with randomized control trials and quasi-experimental studies
- Experience using and in-depth knowledge of quantitative analysis, including inferential techniques such as ANOVA, MANOVA, multiple linear regression, growth curve modeling, piecewise linear regression models, structural equation modeling (SEM), and hierarchical linear modeling
- Expertise using SPSS
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to present legal documentation to work in the U.S.
- Experience developing program evaluation designs
- Experience creating data collection instruments and using Rasch modeling
- Experience using R, MPLUS, or SAS software
- Experience with data management and database development and maintenance using software such as Microsoft Access and SQL
Starting annual salary range is $80,000-$90,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; life, long-term care, and disability insurance; and 401(k) participation.
As soon after hire as feasible.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be ongoing until a successful candidate is identified. Please send a letter of interest, resume, and one writing sample to: https://rmcresearchcorporation.com/rmc-research-corporation-employment-application/. Applications that do not include all of these materials may not be reviewed.
RMC RESEARCH CORPORATION
RMC Research Corporation, founded in 1966, is a technical consulting firm specializing in research, evaluation, training, and technical assistance for education and human service agencies at the federal, state, and local levels. RMC Research is a privately-held, for-profit corporation with offices in Portsmouth, New Hampshire; Portland, Oregon; Denver, Colorado; Arlington, Virginia; New York, New York; and Tampa, Florida. The Portland, Oregon office, established in 1990, is located in downtown Portland and employs 14 professional and support personnel and consultants. While each office works independently with its own contract base, RMC Research Corporation’s offices often collaborate on work of national scope, particularly when data collection and technical assistance services are required across diverse geographic sites. More information about RMC Research projects and personnel may be found on our website: www.rmcresearchcorporation.com.
RMC Research Corporation offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage; Life, AD&D, and Long Term Disability; Long Term Care; Nine Paid Holidays; Vacation/Annual Leave (progressive accruals); Sick Leave Accrual; Extended Sick Leave Account; Maternity, Jury/Witness, Bereavement and Family Leave; 401K Retirement Savings Plan and 401K Loan Program; and Honoraria for Publication. RMC Research Corporation is a Drug Free Workplace. RMC Research Corporation is a Drug Free Workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RMC Research is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color.