The College of Nursing and Health Innovation (CONHI) at Arizona State University has an exciting opportunity for a collaborating statistician at the Assistant Research Professor level. This full-time fiscal-year appointment, which complements our interdisciplinary team of applied statisticians, is dedicated to partnerships with faculty in programmatic research focusing on healthcare, well-being, health behaviors. The position may include some classroom teaching in statistics and/or research methods. Salary is commensurate with experience. This multi-year appointment can begin as soon as a suitable candidate is identified and is subject to review and renewal every 12 months.
CONHI is part of a vibrant research, education, and practice community at ASU, named this year by U.S. News and World Report for the third year in a row as #1 in Innovation among all universities in the US. Faculty at CONHI currently have numerous active grants funded by NIH and many other national and funding agencies. CONHI faculty collaborate with a wide-ranging group of community and healthcare organizations, including Mayo Clinic, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Banner Health, Dignity Health, HonorHealth, and the Veterans Administration Medical Center on research and practice initiatives to improve the economic, social, and cultural health and vitality of shared local, state, national, and global communities.
· Serve as manager of the data lab, providing consultation on and assistance with data collection and management processes
· Organize and deliver occasional workshops on statistics and research methods
· Compile and organize links to online research methods resources for trainees and faculty researchers
· Assist in the development of research collaborations with community partners
· Serve as a statistician on funded and unfunded research projects
· Prepare data analysis plans and conduct power analyses for applications for internal research funding
· PhD in biostatistics, statistics, psychology, sociology, public health, or related quantitative research fields
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with data management in applications such as Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, and relational database (e.g., SQL) tools
· Experience with statistical analysis in applications such as SPSS, SAS, and R using syntax/command files, SPSS and/or SAS macros, and/or functions in R
· Knowledge of experimental and quasi-experimental research designs, expertise in statistical data analysis, including exploratory data analysis, basic and advanced inferential statistics, model testing, and power analysis
· Ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
· Ability to work with faculty researchers and trainees with varying levels of expertise in, and experience with, quantitative research methods and statistical analysis
· Demonstrated mentoring and teaching ability in the areas statistical methods and use research-related tools
· Experience with web-based data collection and management platforms (e.g., REDCap, Qualtrics)
· Experience with mobile app-based data collection approaches and tools
· Experience with writing and submitting applications for research funding
of survey research methods, including questionnaire construction and
sampling design principles
· Working knowledge of factor analytic methods, survival analysis, structural equation modeling, multilevel (random effects) modeling, and analysis of data from complex samples
· Experience with management and analysis of big data
· Experience with accessing and analyzing data from public use data sets and web-based survey systems
Application Deadline and Procedure
Initial close date for the position is August 28, 2018 at 5:00pm MST; applications will be reviewed monthly thereafter until the search is closed. Early applications are encourages. A criminal and employment history background check will be performed prior to the employment offer:
Applicants are asked to email (preferred) the following information to Angelica Jaszewski at with the subject line of “CONHI Research Track Faculty Position Job # 12497
1. Apply with a letter of interest, addressing required and desired qualifications.
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Names and contact information (title, position, e-mail, phone number) of three references.
College of Nursing and Health Innovation
ASU Downtown Phoenix Campus
500 N. 3rd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004-0698
Applicants for academic positions at Arizona State University are encouraged to take the opportunity to complete the voluntary.
A criminal and employment history background check will be performed prior to an employment offer. For more information about Arizona State University and the College of Nursing and Health Innovation, you are invited to visit: http://nursingandhealth.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. See ASU’s full non-discrimination statement (ACD 401) at: https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and the Title IX statement at: https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/