Children's Medical Center is nationally recognized as the only free standing
in New England dedicated exclusively to the care of children and adolescents in a patient-and
family-centered environment with a focus on research, education and advocacy in Connecticut. In addition to 187 inpatient beds, our services include a state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center, five specialty care centers and ten practices across Connecticut. Our Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center is the busiest between Boston and New York. Connecticut Children's has 2,600 employees with a medical staff of more than 1,000 practicing in general pediatrics and more than 30 medical and surgical subspecialties. The Connecticut Children’s St. Mary’s location in Waterbury is a 12-bed unit staffed by our Inpatient Management Team physicians.
The Behavioral Health Center at Connecticut Children's Medical Center will be hiring a Research Assistant to work on projects focused on adolescent and family health. The RA will work collaboratively with the Principal Investigator (PI) and other members of assigned research projects to achieve research project objectives.
· Assists the PI in the design/development of research projects.
· Organizes, manages, and analyzes data for presentations, manuscripts, grant applications and progress reports.
· Prepares and submits protocol applications/continuations and informed consents to Institutional Review Board IRB), and reports adverse events to appropriate personnel.
· May coordinate, train and oversee research staff.
· May interact with research participants to review eligibility, and ensure completion of informed consent prior to participation in research projects.
· Participates in developing quality standards and programs; monitors and ensures quality of project in accordance with CCMC policies and standards, IRB and State/Federal regulations.
· Participates in, and may oversee, evaluation and implementation of data collection.
· Conducts literature searches and contributes to research presentations and publications.
· Participates in data analysis, interpretation and reporting.
· Educates and mentors lower level research staff regarding research process/protocols and federal/state regulations.
· Demonstrates the necessary age-specific and cultural competencies in all treatment and contact with subjects/families as outlined in the employee's CCMC Age-specific and Cultural Competencies document.
· Demonstrates support for the mission, values and goals of the organization through behaviors that are consistent with the CCMC STANDARDS.
· Bachelor's Degree required. Master's degree in Psychology, Public Health, Human Development and Family Studies or related field preferred.
· KNOWLEDGE OF:
· Research protocols, principles and procedures;
· Experimental design, statistics, data management;
· Ethics regulatory procedures (i.e. informed consent, IRB applications, FDA regulations, data and safety monitoring
· plans, boards, safety of subjects in clinical research) involved with research;
· Quality control methodologies related to research projects.
· Project management, interpersonal and organizational skills;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Demonstrated proficiency in Windows environment; intermediate to advanced level word processing and spreadsheet
· skills (Microsoft Word & Excel); and intermediate to advanced skills developing presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint);
· Advanced skills in database design and database management (Microsoft Access);
· Advanced skills in statistical software (SPSS).
· ABILITY TO:
· Work both independently and as a member of a project team;
· Supervise other team members;
· Organize, analyze, evaluate and interpret data;
· Attend to detail, problem solve, be organized and work in a fast-paced environment
Connecticut Children’s offers excellent benefits including 403(b) with employer match, health and dental insurance choices, educational assistance, free parking, paid time-off, and more.
Interested candidates apply online at:
For more information, visit http://www.connecticutchildrens.org/ or connect with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/connecticutchildrens and Twitter at www.twitter.com/ctchildrens.
Children’s Medical Center
282 Washington Street, Hartford, CT 06106
diversity in the workplace. AA/EOE M/F/D/V