- Authorize, direct and monitor care for mental health and substance abuse problems according to clinical information given by providers and internal criteria for medical necessity and appropriateness of care
- Conduct peer reviews with psychologist and licensed therapist for outpatient and psychological testing requests
- Interact with network practitioners to provide education on best practice models and utilization management processes
- Interact with the Medical Director, or designee, to discuss clinical authorization questions and concerns regarding specific cases
- Respond to state, provider, and member complaints related to psychological testing or other services requiring review by a PhD level clinician
- Facilitate outpatient rounds offering clinical input and oversight related to outpatient services
- Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology, Counseling or related field
- 5+ years of psychiatric and/or substance abuse experience (including utilization review), preferably in a health care setting
- Working knowledge of psychological tests and testing procedures, diagnostic evaluations and evidence based practices
Unrestricted license as a Psychologist (PhD or PsyD).
Louisiana licensed provided highly preferred. Office locations are in Baton Rouge, Lafayette, New Orleans, and Covington.