Psychologist - Program Director
Pediatric Chronic Pain Management * San Diego, CA
Children's Specialized Hospital Center for Pediatric Chronic Pain Management, in conjunction with Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego, CA, is bringing its highly successful rehabilitation program to the West coast! The proven leader we seek will oversee the daily operations of our inpatient rehabilitation program, which focuses on helping patients (ages 10-21) with chronic pain.
Successful candidate will play an integral role in the development of policies, enhancement of services, and provision of services that ensure customer satisfaction. You will also manage all clinical and non-clinical staff, as well as scheduling, patient flow, budgeting, and customer inquiries.
- Evaluating patient's psychotherapeutic needs, performing psychological testing, and providing psychotherapy to patients admitted to the program.
- Screening applications and conducting multidisciplinary evaluations of candidates to the program prior to admission.
- Providing effective individual, family and group therapy as indicated while establishing goals for psychotherapy.
- Performing complete psycho-diagnostic evaluations as indicated and disseminating findings accurately and sensitively according to policy.
- Supervising staff, fellows, interns, and externs as well as providing effective team consultation as needed.
- Planning and implementing treatments for patients based on developmental needs.
- Coordinating daily activities of clinical and non-clinical staff, while ensuring coverage through work schedules and requested time off.
- Overseeing and monitoring patient schedules.
- Motivating staff to continuously improve performance and optimize customer service.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Overseeing, managing and developing budget.
- PhD or PsyD and at least 1 year related experience working with patients with chronic pain.
- California Psychologist license. Valid driver's license.
- AHA BLS Provider Certification required.
- Ability to work effectively in a hospital setting, and relate therapeutically with the professional team, children, adolescents and their parents/significant others.
- Flexibility, both in work hours and in performance of duties.
Along with a truly rewarding environment, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your CV/resume to:email@example.com
CHILDREN'S SPECIALIZED HOSPITAL
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V