Marist College Office of Counseling Services enthusiastically invites applications for a Psychologist to join a flourishing, collaborative and multidisciplinary office. This is a permanent, full-time, 9-month position.
Counseling Services is dedicated to enhancing student well-being and mental health through trauma- and culturally-informed care while supporting the greater college community. The position entails delivering direct services to a diverse student population with an array of clinical concerns, ranging from intake & psychotherapy, risk assessment & crisis intervention, group work, consultation, and psychoeducational outreach. This position involves collaborative working relationships with Counseling Services staff and at times various campus constituents, provision of supervision to graduate interns, as well as participation in on-call after-hour rotation.
Doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program and licensed or license-eligible in New York State.
A minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in working with college-age and graduate student populations.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong generalist skills with specialization or expertise with certain populations, presenting concerns, or evidenced-based practices
- Dedication to and demonstrated experience working with diverse and underrepresented populations
- Responsiveness to high demand for services and management of clinical caseload while committed to highest ethical and professional ideals and standards
- Ability to create and lead groups and workshops
- Self-directed and able to connect with campus constituents, such as Housing, Student Affairs, or Faculty
- Familiarity with electronic medical records such as Titanium
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
Marist College is located on the banks of the historic Hudson River midway between New York City and Albany and at its Florence, Italy campus. A comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts, its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 384 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (8th Best Regional University/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. Marist educates approximately 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees.
To learn more or to apply, please visit https://applyl.ink/2VAVHNz. Only online applications are accepted.
Marist College is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and is especially interested in receiving applications from members of ethnic and racial minority groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and persons from other under-represented groups.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER