Job Title: Psychologist, Ph.D./Psy.D. (Psychological Associates)
Shift: DAY/EVENING SHIFTS – FULL TIME
Summary of Department/Service Line: Come grow with us. An exciting opportunity awaits in Mechanicsburg, PA. UPMC Pinnacle Health Psychological Associates is opening an additional office in the Mechanicsburg area. For the past five years, we have won Harrisburg Magazine's award for Simply the Best Psychologist and for the past four out of five years for Counseling Practice. We pride ourselves in our values of compassion, integrity, and concern for our community. If you are a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Psychologist and share our commitment, we would like to hear from you.
Job Summary: Under minimal supervision, this employee is responsible for the delivery of a variety of mental health treatment modalities including individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, and psychological testing. This position requires skills necessary to coordinate and deliver comprehensive treatment, including acting as primary therapist to a specific caseload, formulating and updating treatment plans, case management duties, and providing community education/consultation.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of a wide range of personality dynamics, abnormal behavior, and developmental issues.
- Knowledge of a wide range of mental health treatment modalities including individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, milieu therapy, at a level normally acquired by completion of a master's degree in psychology, and knowledge of specialized modalities as appropriate to the clinician's education and training.
- Demonstrates competency, knowledge and skill with appropriate treatment modalities to serve targeted age group.
- Analytical planning and decision-making skills necessary to effectively make accurate and rapid judgments in critical situations.
- These skills and abilities should be acquired during at least five years of experience, three of which should be postgraduate, in a mental health related field.
- Must have a Ph.D. or Psy.D. Licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Preferred Qualifications: None specified
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes — a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia — it's a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com “America's Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Cities to Live” in 2017, we are a two to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. Its medical staff of more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals and approximately 11,000 employees serve a 10-county area at outpatient facilities and seven acute care hospitals with 1,346 licensed beds: Carlisle, Community Osteopathic, Hanover, Harrisburg, Lititz, Memorial, and West Shore. The not-for-profit system anticipates caring for more than 1.2 million area residents in CY 2019. For more information, visit www.UPMCPinnacle.com.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/fttckcc8273wng5k