The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Vanderbilt - Psychologist
The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Vanderbilt, under the Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, exists to provide relationship-centered care in a healing environment. We use an inter-professional team-based model to engage the whole person in accessing their natural capacity for health and healing. We believe this approach exemplifies the model for clinical care, education, training, and research in integrative health. (www.vanderbilthealth.com/osher)
The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Vanderbilt is currently seeking a full-time Psychologist who will have a primary faculty appointment within the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (https://www.vumc.org/pmr/), Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.
- Doctorate (PhD or PsyD) degree in health, clinical or counseling psychology from an APA-accredited psychology program
- APA-accredited internship/residency in professional psychology
- Current license (or license eligible) to practice psychology in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the US Virgin Islands
- Knowledge and experience working with adult patients with chronic medical conditions and/or chronic pain in a medical setting is preferred
- Familiarity with integrative/complementary therapies, mindfulness-based interventions, as well as experience working with trauma is preferred
- Five years of Clinical experience is preferred
RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD INCLUDE:
- Conducting consultations, individual therapy, groups, and seminars
- Supervising a graduate student or post-doctoral resident
- Providing community outreach
The duties also include attending and participating in meetings and professional staff conferences and activities (e.g., Psychology team meetings, weekly Clinical Conference, Departmental Grand Rounds, etc.). Additional academic responsibilities to the department will be expected which could include teaching or participation in research endeavors.
The Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from minorities and members of other underrepresented groups.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center offers an attractive benefits package and competitive salaries. Please see summary of benefits at http://hr.vanderbilt.edu and click on benefits. Nashville is a fast growing and diverse city. It offers various extracurricular opportunities in a beautiful temperate climate.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue for sixty days or until the position is filled. Start date is flexible.
Vanderbilt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prides itself on its commitment to diversity.
If you are interested, please contact
Dr. Linda Manning, Interim Director, in care of
Waverly DeMers, firstname.lastname@example.org