Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities - Highest Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, computer science, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida's anchor institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy.
FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU's Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
Provides direct psychological services to University students through individual and/or couples and group counseling; conduct clinical assessments and formulate diagnoses and treatment plans; provide walk-in assessments, crisis intervention, and intakes for students; provide consultations to family members and campus community constituents, as well as provide outreach to the University community.
- Provides direct psychological services to University students including individual, couples, and group counseling; conducts clinical assessments and formulates diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Provides walk-in emergency assessments, crisis intervention, and intakes for students. Provides consultations to family members and campus community constituents
- Completes intake summaries, psychological assessments, emergency evaluations, progress notes, and termination summaries according to the established policies and procedures
- Provides clinical supervision and/or training of interns in our American Psychological Association (APA) accredited Pre-Doctoral Psychological of Pre-Masters internship programs; may be involved in the presentation and leading of training seminars
- Participates in departmental research
- Develops and presents education programs, seminars and workshops to students. Facilitates the coordination of outreach events
- Participates in Counseling and Psychological Services committees, especially those concerning students well-being
- Performs other related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
- Doctorate from an APA-accredited Clinical or Counseling Psychology program with an APA-accredited internship
- Licensed Psychologist with one (1) year of experience post-licensure
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional integrity
- Ability to respond to crisis situations
- Ability to supervise and train employees
- Doctorate from an accredited University in Psychology, which includes one year of supervised internship experience in professional psychology and licensure as a psychologist by the State of Florida in accordance with Chapter 490, F.S
Job Category: Administrative
Psychologist I : Starting at $67,940
Psychologist II: Starting at $73,941
Psychologist III : Starting at $79,942
Psychologist IV : Starting at $85,943
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
How To Apply
For more information or to apply, please visit us online at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening 514732.
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process.
In order to be considered eligible for the position as an internal candidate, departmental staff must meet minimum requirements of the position, be in good performance standing, and have been continuously employed at the University for at least six months.
Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF at. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
*This posting will close at 12 am of the close date.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2016/04/Campus_Security_Report__Safety_Guide.pdf .
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a al complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, or, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.