Licensed Psychologist- Child and Adolescent or Pediatric Psychologist, Some Adult - TMS program
Due to the extensive need for mental and behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and young adults in the Manhattan area, Katie’s Way-A not for profit organization, is looking to add highly qualified staff to their growing clinical team. Katie’s Way opened on March 16th, 2015 as an outpatient behavioral and mental health clinic providing services for a broad range of clinical concerns or conditions and a broad age range (2-26). The following is not just a job opening; it is a career opportunity to join a vibrant group of top-notch professionals.
A full-time, salaried Licensed Psychologist is needed to work as a staff psychologist and core faculty in program development at Katie’s Way.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
1. The Psychologist will provide services in assessment and treatment as part of a multidisciplinary team that focuses on team-based, innovative, and evidence-based care.
2. Specifically, the Psychologist will provide assessment, diagnostic evaluations, psychological testing, and treatment/therapy to a broad range of ages and clinical conditions as part of Katie’s Way. Katie’s Way functions much like a private practice for the provider, but within a team-based care model that focuses on the integration of care with medical and other support providers. Katie’s Way also provides extensive resources to its providers for the highest quality of care and provides support staff, billing staff, and business staff to manage day to day operations.
3. The Psychologist will work alongside other clinical psychologists, a child/adolescent psychiatrist, and a family psychiatric nurse practitioner for integration of care.
4. The Psychologist will participate in administrative functions and projects, including some public functions and presentations, as part of Katie’s Way.
5. The Psychologist would be an integral part of program development to expand the services offered to the community.
The Psychologist shall have, at a minimum, a PhD degree (Psy.D. also considered) in a recognized mental health discipline. A doctoral degree through an American Psychological Association (APA) approved program in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, and School Psychology will all be considered. However, the Psychologist must have demonstration of specific training with clinical assessment and treatment and specific training (internship and fellowship positions) in child and adolescent or pediatric psychology.
Licensure, Certification and Registration
Currently licensed or license eligibility in the state of Kansas.
Work Orientation and Experience
Psychologists coming out of fellowship in clinical child and adolescent psychology will be accepted. Work experience in the field of pediatric or child/adolescent psychology preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge, skills and abilities expected of a doctoral level psychologist. Intensive training on child development, child and adolescent psychopathology, family functioning, and evidence-based assessment and treatment. The Psychologist should have knowledge and comfort with a broad range of clinical conditions and treatments. Patients seen at these facilities span the broad range of clinical conditions seen in the DSM-5. Training and comfort in group and family therapy modalities also preferred.
Ability to provide leadership and direction in the psychological management of children within multidisciplinary teams. Ability to communicate effectively with referring physicians, therapists and other team members, family members, community agencies, schools, referral sources, and other involved professionals, both orally and in writing. Emphasis will be placed on team-based care, which includes partnership with colleagues within Katie’s Way AND within the community at large. Ability to work effectively with an economically and culturally diverse population. Bilingual skills are not required but bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
There is room to grow with this organization and this is an exciting, vibrant and innovative place to work. Our focus is on changing the standard of high-quality care in behavioral and mental health. The setting of Katie’s Way will model private practice work while offering a team-based work-style and opportunity to develop professionally. Katie’s Way seeks to be recognized locally and regionally for its innovative, evidence-based, and effective child and family services. The right candidate will enjoy working as part of a growing team in a supportive and intellectually stimulating environment.
Manhattan, Kansas is a community of nearly 60,000 full-time residents. It is also home to Kansas State University, with a student population of over 20,000. It has neighboring communities of Junction City, Ft. Riley Army base, and Wamego that make it a regional community with a large number of individuals in need. Manhattan is named one of the top 20 College Towns to live in by The American Institute of Economic Research.
This full-time salaried position has benefits that include health and dental insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, professional time and holidays. Additional benefits include the potential for student loan assistance, disability and life insurance and a variety of voluntary benefits.