Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
The Psychologists responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducts psychological screening, assessment and/or evaluations on all offenders referred for examination and/or treatment following IDOC format and guidelines
- Provides staff training in areas related to mental health issues such as signs and symptoms of mental illness, management of mentally ill inmates, crisis intervention and related topics.
- Provide services for inmates who need to be transferred to Mental Health facilities including any work-up or court hearing testimony needed.
- Maintain documentation on all mental health contacts to include submission of a monthly summary report to the IDOC Chief of Mental Health Services and/or Wexford Health Sources representatives as required or requested.
- Monitor the provisions of crisis services to include review of documentation for accuracy, completeness, and fulfillment of Center directives and procedures.
- Provides individual and group therapy for offenders identified through evaluation or referred by other qualified mental health professionals and completes comprehensive psychosocial history on each admission to the Mental Health Unit.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual pay increase
- Generous paid-time off program
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options