Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities - Highest Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, computer science, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida's anchor institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU's Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/ .
Provides direct psychological services to university students through individual and/or couples and group counseling; conducts clinical assessments and formulates diagnoses and treatment plans; provides walk in assessments, crisis intervention, and intakes for students; provides consultations to family members and campus community constituents, as well as provides outreach to the university community.
- Provides direct psychological services to University students including individual, couples, and group counseling; conducts clinical assessments and formulates diagnoses and treatment
- Provides walk-in emergency assessments, crisis intervention, and intakes for students. Provides consultations to family members and campus community
- Completes intake summaries, psychological assessments, emergency evaluations, progress notes, and termination summaries according to the established policies and
- Eligible to provide Clinical supervision and/or training of interns in our American Psychological Association (APA) accredited Pre-Doctoral Psychology or Pre-Masters internship programs; may be involved in the presentation and leading of training seminars
- Participates in departmental
- Develops and presents educational programs, seminars and workshops to students. Facilitates the coordination of outreach
- Participates in CAPS committees, especially those concerning students well-being.
- Performs other related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the
- Doctorate from an APA Accredited Clinical or Counseling Psychology program with an APA accredited internship. Licensed Psychologist
- Doctorate from an accredited University in Psychology, which includes one year of supervised internship experience in professional psychology and licensure as a psychologist by the State of Florida in accordance with Chapter 490, S.
- $67,940 - $85,943
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check Other Information:
- Ability to work flexible hours as
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 518457
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/7fp9nx6237rrjkgk