Psychologist - Private Special Education School Programs
The Center School, a private 12 month special education school located in Holyoke, MA (part of the Positive Regard Network), invites applicants for the position of School Psychologist or Clinical Psychologist, full or part time.
Under the direction of the Director of Program Operations and Clinical Director, the school psychologist will perform diagnostic evaluations for students who are enrolled in our school programs; provide in-service training related to clinical issues to program staff; work with families of enrolled students; design individual and/or group behavior management plans as assigned; provide crisis intervention in classroom; and provide ongoing support and consultation regarding behavioral concerns to program staff.
Position is full time or part time, 52 weeks per year. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package including four weeks of vacation time. This position starts in August 2019.
- Provide or arrange for psycho-diagnostic testing of students within the program on a periodic basis.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary evaluation team;
- Act as liaison between the Positive Regard network and other mental health professionals who have direct contact with students.
-Provide crisis intervention to students as needed and assist in making necessary referrals to specialists;
- Provide ongoing consultation to program staff. Plan, develop and implement behavior management plans for individual students and communicate this information and coordinate consistent application of the plans to the appropriate individuals.
- Provide consultation to families regarding psychological testing and treatment and approved behavior management techniques;
- Develop or adapt measurement instruments for use with individuals who are enrolled in our programs.
- Participate in program meetings, case reviews, evaluations and IEP meetings and prepare reports of current progress and needs of the students.
- Provide formal and informal in-service training to staff members;
- Participate in the screening of evaluation of individuals referred for placement and participate on interdisciplinary teams to determine admissions and future programming.
- Provide field placement supervision and act as a mentor to undergraduate and graduate students when requested;
- Prepare reports based on observations and assessments of students;
- Maintains appropriate current records on students.
- Collect and prepare statistical data regarding service delivery as requested.
- Doctoral level Psychologists will also provide diagnostic impressions if and when requested for specific student cases.
Masters Degree and C.A.G.S. required from a National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) approved college or university in school psychology; Massachusetts DESE Certification as School Psychologist required with one (1) year experience as a school psychologist; or Ph.D., Psy.D. or Ed.D degree in psychology from an accredited school of psychology. Licensure appropriate to clinical discipline.
**All candidates who are offered employment will be subject to screening through the following agencies: CORI, SORI, DCF, SAFIS (Fingerprinting).**