- LMSW, LPC, or LP required
- PhD or PsyD and licensed in the state of Michigan required
- Certification through MCBAP as an Addition Counselor and Supervisor (CAADC and CCS certification) as required by PIHP
- Licensed by the State of Michigan (LP, LMSW, LPC)
- Approved application and assigned number from Medicare/Medicaid
- Personnel Management - five years required
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience required, with ten years desired
The Clinical Director is responsible for the general management and operation of the clinical programs including policy and program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of clinical staff and research-based treatment programming. He/she is responsible for carrying out any related tasks as assigned by the Executive Director. He/she is responsible to serve as an example for staff and to promote and enhance the skill, competency and efficiency of staff in all clinical areas.
- To follow and enforce all I.M.P.A.C.T. and regulatory agency policies and procedures.
- Attend all scheduled Agency clinical meetings (in person or via video conferencing).
- To participate in regulatory agency reviews and audits (i.e. Medicaid, CMH, PIHP), assist management tear in the development of corrective action plan responses, and maintain all related files and correspondences.
- Research new and/or revise various research-based individual and group therapies including recommending group treatments, provide training for group facilitators, monitor individual and group progress and reporting on treatment outcomes.
- Continually monitor and evaluate current programming to certify the validity and effectiveness of treatment modalities used in group and individual programs.
- To participate with the organization’s management staff with implementation of special programming involving the Agency.
- To ensure that all records, files, logs and procedures are kept up to date and are completed in a timely and professional manner such that compliance with all regulatory agency standards is maintained through participation with the QI program.
- Assist in the review and updating of all clinical paperwork required by I.M.P.A.C.T. and all regulatory agencies correctly, readable and on time.
- Report to the Executive Director any change in programs and program needs.
- Report any suspected consumer abuse and/or neglect immediately
- Assure the rights of all consumers are maintained at all times
- As required. Insure individual, family, couples, and group therapy and advocacy for a all agency clients meets industry standards
- Provide flexible appointment schedule for self and all clinicians, to ensure accessibility of client to services.
- To maintain case records in full compliance with state and federal licensing, funding sources and accreditation standards through Utilization Reviews and Studies.
- To assist staff with implementation of evidence-based therapeutic interventions.
- Maintain a high standard of clinical knowledge and practice.
- To provide oversight and general supervision to clinical programs.
- To help monitor all of the Agency’s personnel policies and procedures as well as related professional codes of ethics.
- To conduct employee performance evaluations annually as well as establishing professional development goals.
- To assist with new employee clinical orientation and training with clinical staff within the required time frame as well as all re-certifications.
- To report any problems or concerns to the Executive Director.
- To promote an atmosphere that is positive, cooperative, and secure.
- To make recommendations for identified education/training needs.
- Assist in the design and implementation of clinical staff training programs based on the identified needs of the Agency.
- To attend selected conferences/trainings which benefit the Agency or facility.
- Help train and educate interns and limited-licensed staff (if applicable) from various colleges and universities, for their length of stay, in all clinical techniques, ethics, and standards.
- Help train clinicians at off site locations (as appropriate).
- Assure the availability of training opportunities to all staff as funds allow.
- Schedule, conduct and document clinical supervision meetings for all clinical staff.
- To train staff on new forms and regulatory requirements.