Pacific Northwest Opportunity! Brand New Behavioral Health Hospital!
Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital is hiring Psychiatrists to be part of a brand new behavioral health hospital in an exciting joint venture with two premier health systems!
As a joint venture between CHI Franciscan Health and MultiCare Health System, Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital has been granted approval to build and operate a new behavioral health hospital in Tacoma, WA. Our hospital is not-for-profit with the aim to provide safe, patient-centered, evidence based and trauma-informed care in collaboration with patients, families, and communities. Our new hospital will open beginning of 2019.
We offer very competitive pay, great benefits, malpractice coverage, CME, relocation assistance, and a starting bonus.
Our psychiatrist will provide excellent care of our patients by evaluating medical and psychosocial conditions; developing and implementing treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications; monitoring and evaluating treatment results.
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders; establishing treatment goals and methodologies
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; supervising staff provision of services
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress; consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations requirements, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; remaining available for emergency consultations
- Improves staff competence by providing training and discussions regarding the interrelationship between psychosocial and physiological problems, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention, and related issues
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events; writing summaries
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations