McLean Hospital, America’s top ranked freestanding psychiatric hospital, is inviting applications for full-time and part-time staff psychiatrist positions to begin July 1, 2019 or sooner. We are hiring for positions in the following units and partial hospital programs:
· Trauma and Dissociative Disorder Unit (PH2) which treats predominantly women who have suffered abuse and other adverse events, and have PTSD, borderline personality, and related disorders. The treatment model focuses on DBT and timely return to work, family and community. This unit is closely linked to McLean’s other Women’s Mental Health Division services: The Hill Center for Women, Gunderson Residence, Borderline Outpatient Center, Klarman Eating Disorders Center, 3East Intensive DBT Continuum, and related research labs. It is also part of McLean’s LGBTQ Initiative. Start date between January and July.
· Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program which treats primarily mood and anxiety disorders, with strong emphasis on CBT and other evidence based treatments. It is the home site of our psychology training program.
· McLean Hospital's 3East Intensive DBT continuum of services has grown. What began six years ago with a single intensive residential program now spans 29 intensive and step down beds, a linkage to our special education Arlington School, a full partial hospital, a dedicated outpatient clinic, and growing training and research portfolio. The continued growth of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division now creates opportunities in the Belmont campus adolescent residential, partial hospital and Boys 3East programs
for child & adolescent OR adult psychiatrists with interest in borderline personality disorder, DBT and related evidence-based treatments and psychopharmacology.
· Geriatric Psychiatry Division provides direct clinical services to inpatients and outpatients in our inpatient units as well as Older Adult Clinic and Memory Disorders Assessment Clinic, which may also include a pre-negotiated amount of weekend inpatient coverage. This position offers opportunities for research in the division's rapidly-expanding research program.
- The Alcohol and Drug Abuse Dual Diagnosis Inpatient Detoxification Unit (PH1) has an open Psychiatrist in charge position as well as staff psychiatrist positons in the Alcohol & Drug Abuse Division’s residential and partial hospital services. The inpatient unit is part of McLean’s nationally prominent addictions clinical services and research portfolio and is a major Harvard Medical student, MGH-McLean adult psychiatry residency, and Partners Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship teaching site.
· McLean SouthEast (MSE) is a satellite site located in Middleborough, MA just over 30 miles from the Belmont campus. The 30-bed adult inpatient unit serves patients with a broad range of diagnoses from Southeastern MA, Cape Cod and the Islands.
· Bipolar & Schizophrenia Unit (AB2) treats many first episode psychosis and other early course patients, including those with catatonia and delirious mania. This unit actively participates in McLean’s College Mental Health Program and its “Bridge to Campus” therapy groups. AB2 is a primary teaching unit for the MGH-McLean adult psychiatry residency training program, Psychotic Disorders On-Track Program and Bipolar and Psychotic Disorders Outpatient Clinic.
· Weekend rounders covering all psychiatrist-attending responsibilities on inpatient units on the Belmont campus. In this role you would work as part of a team with weekend inpatient social workers and doctoral and master’s level inpatient group therapists.
These positions combine clinical care and teaching with Harvard Medical School appointments. Since several of these adult units feature college student patients, we encourage both adult psychiatry and child & adolescent psychiatry trained candidates to apply. Salary and recruitment package in accordance with Hospital policies, and a Harvard Medical School part-time appointment at the academic rank of lecturer, instructor or assistant professor will be commensurate with HMS appointment criteria, meeting the minimum teaching requirement and candidate qualifications.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae along with the names and addresses of three references to the Search Committee Chair by email: Joseph Gold, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478 [email: email@example.com; note the “one” after jgold]
Review of applications has begun and will continue until all positions are filled.
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation. McLean Hospital does conduct pre-employment drug screening, and any offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of the screening.
A member of the PARTNERS HealthCare System.