Description:The Psychiatric Social Worker is a member of an interdisciplinary team who provides direct assessment, diagnosis formulation, treatment planning, treatment intervention and psycho-education to members and/or family members. Must be familiar with all aspects of psychopathology and recognize the appropriate and timely clinical treatment intervention needed. The Psychiatric Social Worker may work with specific age group as is determined by training and certificate. Must be familiar with and have expertise in a variety of treatment modalities. The majority of the position will be spent in direct patient care.
- Timely and appropriate assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment intervention of members
- Appropriate selection of treatment modality to member's presenting problem
- Is an effective communicator of clinical material to member and clinical staff
- Provides high internal and external customer/patient satisfaction
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment methodologies
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation of clinical encounters in member's charts
- Is knowledgeable of KP and community resources
Visit kp.org/careers and reference job #811812 for full job details.
- Two (2) years of post graduate experience in a behavioral health setting required.
- Master's degree in a Social Work required.
License, Certification, Registration
- May consider LMFT, with a Master's Degree in a Behavioral Health field, job code 65336, for this position.
- Valid and current CA LCSW license required.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize current DSM nomenclature required.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
- Location may change, but will remain in the same service area.- May be filled by LCSW or LMFT.
Primary Location: Bakersfield, California; Bakersfield Behavior Health 4900 California Ave.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start: Varies
Working Hours End: Varies
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUHW
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Category: Behavioral / Mental Health
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.