Purdue University Northwest
College of Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences
Department of Psychology
Founding Director of Clinical Training
Purdue University Northwest (PNW), part of the internationally respected Purdue University system, offers world-class educational opportunities at an excellent value on two culturally diverse, student-centered campuses located in Northwest Indiana within easy driving distance of Chicago, Illinois. PNW serves approximately 10,000 students, offering nearly 70 programs at the baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels. The institution has distinguished itself with opportunities for experiential learning, undergraduate research and one-to-one relationships between students and faculty.
Position: Program Director & Director of Clinical Training
The Department of Psychology in the College of Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences at Purdue University Northwest (PNW) with campuses in Hammond and Westville, Indiana, invites applications from individuals with experience in doctoral level clinical psychology programs for a full-time faculty position as Director of Clinical Training. This position will provide leadership for the development of the PsyD program. The person will be hired at the Professor or Associate Professor level and will have major responsibility for developing and implementing a high quality program eligible for APA accreditation.
The candidate must hold a PhD in Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program and have experience teaching at the doctoral level as well as experience directing dissertations and supervising graduate students. The successful candidate must be license-eligible in Indiana and be licensed within one year of the hire date.
· Develop curriculum, and course schedule for the MS & PsyD degrees
· Develop clinical courses not already in Purdue’s Graduate Catalogue.
· Establish a clinic for training and providing therapy to local residents
· Write Graduate Student Handbook
· Recruit and hire additional clinical faculty required for a high quality PsyD program
· Submit proposal for new graduate program to Purdue University Graduate School
· Request approval for the new program from Purdue’s Board of Trustees.
· Obtain approval for the program from the Indiana Commission on Higher Education.
· Gain accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission
· Apply for provisional accreditation from the American Psychological Association
· Manage program’s day to day activities such as evaluating student and faculty performance, arranging meetings of program committees, resolving student and faculty complaints, advising and supervising students, and monitoring clinic and internship sites.
· Establish and maintain contacts with local, state, and federal agencies for possible funding, training, and research opportunities
· Write the annual APA report and all other recurring accreditation reports
· Write letters certifying students’ readiness to begin internships and subsequently to certify qualification for licensure.
· Review transfer credit applications
· Remain informed on accreditation and licensure issues.
· Maintain own license to practice
· Regularly review and update program policies and procedures.
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. To apply please visit www.pnw.edu/careers click on “Search and Apply for Positions” then Click on “Faculty”. Applicants should submit the following: 1) a cover letter specifically addressing experience and qualifications; 2) a curriculum vitae; 3) and list of at least three professional references
Please send any inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information Visit our web site www.pnw.edu for additional information about the University. For information regarding our excellent benefits package, visit www.purdue.edu/benefits.
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. For more information, please see: www.purdue.edu/ethics/policies/FosteringRespect_accessible.pdf