Postdoctoral position in the Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Disorders Laboratory
McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
McLean Hospital is seeking a postdoctoral fellow with a primary focus on studying the clinical neurobiology of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The fellow will be mentored by Drs. Isabelle Rosso, Ph.D. and Scott Rauch, M.D., and will and have access to the McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School academic environment and resources. The successful candidate will be proposed for academic appointment as a Research Fellow in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
The fellow will have the opportunity to work on NIMH-funded projects that seek to understand the neurobiological underpinnings of PTSD. These studies employ a variety of methodologies including genetic methods, psychophysiological paradigms of fear and anxiety, ecological momentary assessment, and imaging (fMRI, DTI, and MRS). This position will also provide opportunities for collaboration and networking with clinicians, basic neuroscientists, and physicists. The PIs are committed to supporting fellows on their trajectory to an independent research career, including ensuring that they submit competitive applications for internal fellowships and external grant funding.
- PhD or MD/PhD scientist in neuroscience, psychology, or related field.
- Prior human subjects research with psychiatric populations, or biological mechanisms of psychiatric illness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, sufficient to explain complex scientific or technical concepts to non-domain experts
- Evidence of capability for independent work, problem-solving, and initiative-taking
- Interpersonal skills, as required for interactions with research participants, and for collaboration in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Strong background in neuroimaging. Clinical training is not required but would be a strength.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and CV to Dr. Rosso: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the names & contact information for three references in your application.
McLean Hospital, an affiliate of Harvard Medical School, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation. McLean Hospital does conduct pre-employment drug screening, and any offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of the screening.
A member of the Partners HealthCare System.