Conduct intakes, short-term psychotherapy, and crisis management.
Reports to Title
Director of Counseling Services
Full or Part Time
Number Of Months
Monday through Friday with one evening per week (2PM to 10PM).
Position End Date (if temporary)
Position Summary Information
Essential Duties Summary
- Collaborate with psychiatrists
- Make referrals for on-going treatment
- Help monitor high-risk clients
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings
- Maintain patient records in accordance with regulations, policies, and established practices
- Conduct outreach to the college community
- Conduct drop-in counseling sessions in a student dorm
- Rotate on-call responsibilities with senior staff
Posting Detail Information
Barnard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Barnard does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis, and to the extent permitted by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
Open Until Filled
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts 1
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Multicultural competence is highly valued. Barnard College is a diverse institution that welcomes students with a broad range of identities. Working at Barnard requires the ability to conceptualize a broad range of clinical issues from a multicultural and social justice perspective
Required Qualification Summary
- PhD or PsyD in counseling or clinical psychology. ABD applications accepted
- Completed Internship
Apply Here: www.Click2Apply.net/rpkp9bwmnyc56j66