The University of Texas at El Paso
Job ID: 4364
Job Title: Post-Doctoral (Psychology)
Department: Psychology Department
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: With limited supervision will form part of the UTEP Vulnerability Issues in Drug Abuse: Career and Research Trans-disciplinary Training Program (VIDA:CARTT) that focuses on research opportunities together with professional development activities
May train and supervise the work of others.
Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conducts research activities in behavioral neuroscience with focus on intrinsic mechanisms that contribute to drug and mood related disorders
· Identifies, and promotes research opportunities with faculty in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, Computer Science, as well as the Behavioral Neuroscience cohort.
· Attends professional conferences and workshops related to the field of study to disseminate research results, promote successful research practices, and improve cultural capital empowerment.
· Conducts research in a multidisciplinary context and engage in the professional development activities.
· May trains users on the operation and data management of research equipment.
· May participate in proposal writing and coordination for external funds for equipment acquisitions.
· Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and able to learn and use institutional software systems.
· Complies with all State and University policies.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's objectives, grant requirements, policies and applicable laws.
Required Qualifications: PhD in Psychology, Neuroscience or other affiliated discipline.
UTEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates may apply by visiting www.utep.edu/employment