Post-Doctoral Fellow, Counseling Services
This is a Full-time, 12-month fellowship. Anticipated start date after June 1, 2019.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow is expected to support the mental health of students through individual and group counseling, outreach/programming, and consultation. The Post-Doctoral Fellow will participate in the on-call duty rotation and the Pre-College summer program as needed. This position will provide crisis intervention and crisis walk-in services for students. This position is supervised by the Director of Health Services, and Post-docs actively participate in all relevant agency services, which provide opportunities not only for carrying out major professional functions but also for close contact with our staff. As staff members, we view post-docs as valued colleagues-in-training; as such, post-docs are treated with a high degree of professional as well as personal respect.
Primary functions include direct service activities with an emphasis on professional development and evidence-based service provision. Fellows will focus on individual therapy, facilitating groups, crisis evaluation via walk-in appointments and after hours, on-call consultations, working in collaboration with psychiatry services. Interventions will be guided with a lens of multicultural competence. Further expectations would be campus outreach, consultation projects, and working as a member of the team through weekly staff meeting and individual supervision.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well with a diverse population of college age students, parents, faculty, and staff
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality
- Openness to working as part of a team and willingness to grow as a clinician
- Successful completion of the doctoral internship at an accredited site towards obtaining a PsyD or PhD in Clinical or Counseling Psychology
- Must be in an APA-accredited program for which their degree is issued. This position is meant to serve as a year-long placement to aid in the necessary licensed supervision towards licensure requirements for independent practice
- Completion of dissertation
- Previous experience in a college counseling center or outpatient mental health setting
- Demonstrated experience in providing brief therapy, crisis intervention, group therapy, outreach, care coordination and case management
Open until filled. Apply online https://ringling.simplehire.comRingling College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply here: www.Click2Apply.net/r2953gjxt9gz49jp