Duty Location: This position is located at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, Department of Behavioral Health.
Ft Hood is nicknamed The Great Place because of the quality of life the post and area offer Soldiers and their families. Ft Hood covers a total of 340 sq miles and rests in the beautiful 'hill and lake' country of Central Texas, between Killeen and Copperas Cove. For those who enjoy the outdoors, Ft Hood is the ideal location because of warm winters and hot summers. The nearby lakes, Belton and Stillhouse, offer year round outdoor recreation activities.
As a Physician (Psychiatry), your duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Make recommendations on major diagnostics and treatment plans.
• Provide continuing follow-up care for chronic inpatients and outpatients with acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, and substance abuse/addictions.
• Provide psychiatric care for walk-in patients presenting with acute illnesses of minor and major proportions.
• Examine and conduct thorough studies of presenting patients.
• Collaborate with physicians in other medical specialties on cases involving complicated and multifaceted problems.