Be a part of something Remarkable! Pediatric Health Psychologist - Madison, WI
Join our multidisciplinary team where you'll work collaboratively in a dynamic setting to provide high quality Health Psychology service to children, adolescents, and families at The American Family Children's Hospital and other UW Health ambulatory clinics. As a Pediatric Health Psychologist, you will:
- Provide clinical service to pediatric outpatients focused on addressing the psychological impact of new medical diagnoses, improving children's quality of life, increasing adherence to prescribed medical treatments, removing barriers to proper adherence, and lessening the impact of an illness on a child's and family's well-being.
- Conduct psychological assessments and deliver evidence-based interventions as part of multidisciplinary teams in various Pediatric Specialty Clinics that may include Gastroenterology, Pulmonary, Endocrinology/Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Transgender Health, and other.
- Work effectively with colleagues in a team environment and to collaborate with professionals across a variety of disciplines.
- Participate in supervision of Health Psychology trainees and contribute to program development.
This individual will hold a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology or related field, have at least one (1) year of post-doc experience in Health Psychology or Behavioral Medicine, as well as have or be eligible for Wisconsin licensure as a Psychologist and be eligible for listing in the National Register of Health Services Providers in Psychology.
A cosmopolitan medium-sized city of more than 230,000, Madison is uniquely situated on an isthmus between the area's two largest lakes, Mendota and Monona - a setting which offers impressive beauty, a compact and vital metropolitan area and a wide range of recreational activities. Home to the University of Wisconsin - Madison, our city boasts more that 15,000 acres of sparkling lakes and beaches, as well as 260 parks. You'll find a cultural hub and plenty to do in Madison amid this scenic backdrop in the state capital of Wisconsin. Madison consistently ranks as a top community in which to live, work, play and raise a family.
Working at UW Health:
Be part of the talent that makes UW Health the best work and academic environments! UW Health is the integrated health system of the University of Wisconsin - Madison, serving more than 600,000 patient in the Upper Midwest and beyond. We are nationally recognized regional health system that partners wit UW School of Medicine and Public Health to fulfill shared missions of patient care, research, education and community services. UW Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, life, dental, disability and 401K.
Apply online at https://careers.uwhealth,org/ , keyword search 170022RK or Pediatric Psychologist.
- For more information contact Amanda Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-821-4160