Working collaboratively out of the Outpatient Services department, the Pediatric Clinical Psychologist is responsible for conducting, scoring, and interpreting psychological, behavioral, adaptive and other psychologically based assessments for children and young adults. The Pediatric Clinical Psychologist will also offer recommendations for service provision, provide treatment to children and families, or both as appropriate. State of Iowa Psychology licensed or license eligible candidates will be considered.
What You'll Do
- Consult with multidisciplinary team members for information as appropriate.
- Appropriately select psychologically based instruments to use in assessments and administer, score and interpret assessments accurately.
- Communicate assessment results with child, family, and other appropriate parties maintaining the dignity and respect of the child and the family.
- Conduct any needed interviews in accordance with appropriate interviewing protocols.
- Develop recommendations consistent with assessment findings, child goals, family goals, and team consensus.
- Devise and implement appropriate treatment programs, including therapy, counseling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues.
- Help clients define goals and plan action to achieve personal, social, educational and vocational development and adjustment.
- Provide training and development support to other ChildServe employees as appropriate.
What You'll Need
- Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology is required.
- State of Iowa Psychology license or license eligible is required.
- At least three years in the field of Pediatric Clinical Psychology preferred.
- Experience working with developmental and intellectual disabilities preferred.
- Experience working with people affected by autism spectrum disorders also preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
- Must be able to independently lift, transfer, or move a minimum of 50 pounds.
Who We Are
At ChildServe, no position is ever “just a job.” Working at ChildServe allows you to live every day knowing that you have helped to improve the lives of children and families.
To tell you about everything we do would take a whole website (you can check ours out HERE). To tell you the amazing stories of the over 4,200 children we serve each year would take even longer (you can read many of them HERE). We promise you’ll be inspired and come away with a deeper understanding of our unique culture and services.
We provide over 30 pediatric healthcare programs and services in 4 locations throughout Iowa. We hire many positions, from expert caregivers, medical professionals, administrative staff (and everything in between), and each team member plays an important role in fulfilling our mission.
ChildServe has been a Top Workplace in Iowa for four years running, thanks to our passionate team and our commitment to outstanding care. To help us learn more about how your talents and skills can make a difference at ChildServe, apply today.