In this role, you will:
- Work with our multidisciplinary pain clinic to identify, assess, and assist in the management of adult patients experiencing chronic pain in addition to other medical and emotional health problems
Minimum - Licensure or eligible for licensure as a Psychologist in Wisconsin.
Preferred - Eligible for listing in the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology.
- Ability to identify biopsychosocial influences of pain and symptom expression including issues impacting adherence to treatment plans.
- Expertise in assisting patients with skill building and the development of health promoting behaviors in individual and group settings.
- Ability to provide comprehensive psychological assessment for patients seeking specialized medical interventions (i.e. spinal cord stimulators).
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues in a team environment and to collaborate with professionals across a variety of disciplines.
- Flexibility in responding to day-to-day clinical service demands and provider staffing coverage needs within the Health Psychology service.
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
100% FTE working Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.