Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Department of Psychiatry seeks to hire a Pain Psychologist to join our academic faculty.
The Department of Psychiatry is looking for a psychologist specializing in pain management for the interdisciplinary pain program at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH.
- Developing and providing expert services for patients with pain disorders in the Pain Management and Spine Centers,
- Conducting pre-procedure psychological evaluations,
- Participating in interdisciplinary team-based care,
- Teaching and supervision of psychology interns in our APA approved internship, post-doctoral fellows, and medical trainees, and
- Collaboration in scholarly activities.
- Completion of a doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA- or CPA-accredited program.
- Completion of a predoctoral internship from an APA- or CPA-accredited internship program.
- At least one year of postdoctoral training in pain psychology.
- Licensed or license-eligible as a psychologist in the state of NH.
The ability to develop an externally funded line of programmatic research is a plus. Stimulating opportunities for research collaboration and mentorship exist at Dartmouth through our NIH Clinical Translational Science Award (Synergy) and a strong mentoring ethic within the Department.
What Dartmouth-Hitchcock has to offer you:
- Established patient base
- Collegial environment and referrals
- Ties to the Academic Medical Center
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including a $10K relocation stipend
- Dedicated CME time and funds
What New England has to offer you:
- Four seasons and an outdoor lifestyle
- Access to major cities and airports
- Proximity to mountains and hiking trails
- Driving distance to the seacoast/ocean
- Abundance of local lakes for boating and swimming
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an academic health system, serving patients across New England. A national leader in patient-centered health care, D-H is on a path to create a sustainable health system for the region and as a model for the nation. Founded in 1893, the system includes New Hampshire's only Level 1 trauma center and its only air ambulance service, as well as the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, one of only 41 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation, and the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, the state's only Children's Hospital Association-approved, comprehensive, full-service children's hospital. As an academic health system, Dartmouth-Hitchcock provides access to nearly 1,500 primary care doctors and specialists in almost every area of medicine, as well as world-class research with the Audrey and Theodor Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
Candidates are requested to apply on our recruitment site:
Or please contact:
Juliann Hamblin - Physician Recruiter
Cover Letters should be addressed to:
William C. Torrey MD
Vice Chair for Clinical Services for the Department of Psychiatry
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.