Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health. Join us at the South Baltimore Medical Center in Halethorpe, Maryland.
Pain Management Psychologist
In this role, you will be an integral part of a comprehensive pain management program focused on improving biopsychosocial functioning and restoration as related to the management of chronic and acute pain. You will work with multidisciplinary team members, including interventional pain physicians, addiction medicine, primary care, physical therapy, alternative medicine, and pain pharmacists, to provide evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, case management, and psychotherapeutic interventions.
- At least one years of clinical internship with specialized training or experience with chronic pain medicine/management
- Documented experience dealing with a wide variety of pain, surgical, psychiatric, chemical dependency, and general medical/surgical patients preferred
- Ph.D or PsyD in psychology from an accredited university or professional school, including didactic and clinical training in pain management, health psychology, and biological bases of behavior in clinical medicine
- At least sixteen hundred hours of formal post-doctoral training program in pain management in medical settings with anesthesiology, physical medicine, and/or surgical services, or an equivalent combination of training, supervision, and experience
- Licensed Psychologist with the ability to practice in the state of Maryland
- Knowledge of biofeedback and the ability to perform/teach cognitive behavioral therapy, relaxation techniques as it related to pain management
- Knowledge of tolerance, addiction, and psuedoaddiction in pain patients
- Conversant in anatomy and physiology of pain, pharmacologic, surgical, and procedural treatments for pain
- Knowledge of social services agencies, state regulations, and APA standards as they relate to client treatment, patient rights, and client/patient confidentiality, and other ethical issues
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation system and short term disability system
- Demonstrated ability to function independently without direct clinical supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 660991.
hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with
arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers