Pain Psychologist, Behavioral Medicine Institute, Knoxville
Behavioral Medicine Institute (BMI) is a 20+ member, multi-specialty group practice based in Knoxville with a long-established referral base and innovative practice models including embedded clinicians in local medical practices.
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated clinician to add to our team of psychologists working embedded in a local, anesthesiology-based pain center which has received a Center of Excellence award from the American Pain Society.The opportunity is full time, we offer a supportive, collegial atmosphere and the opportunity for ongoing training and consultation to develop and practice specialty behavioral health skills, including:
- Psychological Evaluations on all new patients
- Pre-Surgical Psychological Evaluations
- Behaviorally-Based Chronic Pain Management
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Chronic Illness Management
The ideal candidate will have excellent clinical, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as competence in assessment, consultation, and evidence-based treatment. We have a strong commitment to quality and to patient-centered care, and we embrace the Biopsychosocial model.
BMI offers: Very competitive, productivity-based reimbursement, strong referral streams, high tech practice resources including state-of-the-art EHR, practice management, and communication tools, as well as a supportive, team-oriented, collegial environment for professional development. We provide strong on-site administrative support including insurance verification, scheduling, and pre-authorizations. You will have access to BMI’s adjacent multi-specialty practice environment which includes prescribers for children, adolescents, and adults. Both W-2 and 1099 employment options are available.
We believe that, with the recent realization by payers of the value of behavioral health, this is an exciting time to be a psychologist. We aspire to locate ourselves on the cutting edge of behavioral health care. Will you join us?
- Independent licensure as a Psychologist
- Familiarity with evidence-based treatments
- Familiarity with models of integrated behavioral healthcare, motivational Interviewing, health coaching, and management of chronic illnesses
- Must be comfortable with utilizing clinical practice technology (EHR, etc.)
- Must be comfortable practicing in a fast paced environment
- Must be comfortable working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
BMI is a lifestyle-driven practice and we value creating balance between life and work. BMI was formed in 1990 by Dr. Keith Hulse
If you are interested in learning more about us, please contact us, and include a copy of your CV: C. Keith Hulse, PhD, BMI, 6231 Highland Place Way, Suite 101, Knoxville, TN 37919, or email@example.com.