The Organizational Development (OD) Director reports directly to the Global Vice-President, Organizational Development, with dotted line to the VP HR Americas. This individual will work with key stakeholders within region and/or assigned function to support the company’s transformation to a globally matrixed operating model and integrated business in service of Vertiv’s customers. She/He will work closely with senior leadership in Americas to oversee and facilitate strategic transformation initiatives, including implementation of the Vertiv matrix organizational design and operating model, as well as talent initiatives to support the transformation. These initiatives will require activities such as building stakeholder and leadership alignment, assessing and building readiness for change, process design and role clarification, resource allocation, and building a communication strategy. This role will also drive and support various activities related to the Talent Lifecycle including performance accountability, talent review and succession planning. Success in this role will be measured by successful implementation of these initiatives.
The Organizational Development Director will be part of a team of globally dispersed OD experts and practitioners. This team will work closely together to capture, utilize, and disseminate lessons learned in the transformation process so that efforts can be accelerated and coordinated globally, and change capability can be enhanced throughout the organization.
Support Vertiv’s business strategy and accelerate the One Vertiv culture through OD projects: accurately diagnose organizational issues, develop potential solutions and recommend change initiatives as appropriate.
Work closely with region and/or function senior leaders to implement the new Vertiv matrix operating model, e.g.,
- Organizational structures, reporting lines, and cost alignment including standardized roles and responsibilities.
- Aligned processes, decision-making models, and metrics to enable, measure and track progress.
- Role changes that result from the new operating model and/or newly required internal capabilities.
- Ensuring common designs are implemented as appropriate across sub-regions, regions and global business units.
Lead change management project phases – defining the change management related work effort, performing diagnostic interviews/data collection/analyses, synthesizing results into business-related findings, providing feedback to stakeholders, and designing appropriate action plans. Including:
- Working closely with other functional areas at Vertiv involved in the transformation process to co-develop plans and materials related to projects.
- Applying best practice change management and change leadership processes and lessons to increase the effectiveness of change projects.
- Establishing measurable goals and tracking key metrics, milestones and results.
- Working closely with other HR leaders to ensure alignment of HR programs and processes which enable and encourage desired behaviors globally
Effectively managing stakeholders by building credibility and influence with senior leadership, accurately diagnosing who needs to be included, effectively engaging them to bring about needed changes, asking for and effectively responding to their feedback, and developing and implementing communication strategies.
Develop and lead the talent management activities for the region to include but not limited to: annual performance accountability cycle, talent review, and succession planning.
Support the adoption and utilization of eleVate, Vertiv’s goals and objectives system, including OKR (Objective and Key Results) and completing quarterly conversations.
- Proven track record and experience with organization development initiatives, including organization design. Demonstrated ability to design, implement and achieve expected results from these initiatives.
- Keen understanding of business fundamentals in a global manufacturing environment. Functional expertise across multiple business disciplines (i.e. marketing, engineering, sales, etc.) is preferred.
- Customer oriented, with the ability to understand from a business perspective what the customer needs and translate that into performance demands for the various parts of the organization.
- Executive presence, and ability to gain influence and earn credibility with senior management and executives.
- Must act as a positive agent of change and consistently demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; juggle and manage competing tasks and demands; and deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong learning orientation and mindset; excited about growing and developing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills with ability to work closely with all levels of the organization, including executives.
- Excellent meeting management skills, including meeting design, preparation, and facilitation.
- Excellent organization, project management, and time management skills, with proven success working on and delivering multiple initiatives
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills with the ability to make sound, data-based business judgments.
- Takes initiative to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and make decisions within scope of responsibility with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrates courage and ability to deal with conflict with others. Additionally, able to build confidence in others to effectively tackle conflicts.
- Minimum 6-8 years professional work experience in organization development, human resources, process design or related field.
- Graduate degree required; MBA preferred.
- Experience in a multi-region matrixed company with similar functions and employee populations (e.g. product management, manufacturing, operations, sales, R&D, engineering) is preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Outlook). Proficiency in Oracle Human Capital and Talent systems is a plus.