Open Rank Tenure-Track Position: Counseling Psychology
Department of Special Education, Rehabilitation, and Counseling at Auburn University
The Department of Special Education, Rehabilitation and Counseling in the lege of Education at Auburn University is seeking to fill an open rank tenure-track faculty position in Counseling Psychology. The individual will serve as a member of the Counseling Psychology faculty. The program is accredited by the American Psychological Association. The faculty member will also contribute to our Counselor Education programs. The candidate will hold a PhD in Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited institution. Area of research focus is open.
- Earned doctorate August 16, 2019, in Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited program
- License eligible as a psychologist in the state of Alabama
- Evidence of ability to establish and maintain a record of high-quality research and scholarship
- Ability to teach graduate level courses in Counseling Psychology
- Ability to work effectively with students and leagues from diverse backgrounds
The candidate ed for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements in the U.S. at the time appointment is scheduled to begin and continue to work legally for the proposed term of employment.
- Ability to secure external funding and strong track record of research and publication (emphasis is open)
- Some experience related to teaching graduate-level courses in counseling psychology
- Ability to contribute to other programs in related areas
- Ability to contribute to the university's outreach mission
Advanced Appointment Qualifications
Appointment at advanced rank will require a record of internal/external funding, record of publications consistent with desired rank at doctoral-granting institutions, and experience successfully mentoring graduate students to degree completion or equivalent (e.g., mentoring of postdoctoral fellows will be considered).
The preferred starting date is August 16, 2019. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2018; however, the search will remain open until the position is filled. Salary and rank will be based on qualifications and experience.
Candidates should submit:
- Cover letter describing their interests and qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Graduate transcripts
- Reprints (not to exceed three)
- Names and contact information for at least three references
To apply, submit materials to: http://aufacultypositions.peopleadmin.com/postings/3108
Auburn University is an EEO/Vet/Disability Employer