Vacancy #: 976019
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The mission of the East Carolina University (ECU), College of Nursing (CON) is to serve as a national model for transforming the health of rural underserved regions through excellence and innovation in nursing education, leadership, research, scholarship and practice. The College is comprised of three departments: Baccalaureate Education, Advanced Practice & Education, and Nursing Science. We are the top producer of new nurses among North Carolina's four-year educational institutions with robust graduate and doctoral programs. The college's location on the ECU Health Sciences Campus provides students and faculty ready access to inter-professional activities in education, research, and practice.
The ECU, CON is seeking a quantitative methodologist/biostatistician at an Assistant/Associate Professor level to support the CON and ECU's mission to actively grow the research enterprise. This tenure-track position will be appointed in the CON's Nursing Science Department and will reside in the Office of Research and Scholarship. The faculty member in this position will work closely with faculty across the CON on quantitative methodology and study design to maximize research productivity and grant success.
Responsibilities for this position includes:
- Lead an active line of funded research in an area aligned with the mission of the CON
- Participate actively on research teams that extend basic or applied research
- Contribute to the scholarly literature through the publication of refereed journal articles, books and book chapters, and related technical products
- Teach at least one course each fall and spring semester
- Engage with doctoral students
- Mentor faculty in quantitative methods and designs intended for grant proposals and published scholarship
- Contribute to ongoing quantitative research initiatives of CON as well as pertinent pan-disciplinary research clusters at ECU
- Engage in service that benefits the unit, college, university, community, and/or professional organization
PhD from an appropriately accredited institution.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation
A valid non-restricted North Carolina nursing license is required upon employment, if the candidate is a nurse.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Prefer a PhD in nursing or related discipline (e.g., Psychology, Education).
The applicants should have:
- Clear evidence of research productivity and potential for or secured grant funding
- An active publication record and experience with federally funded research
- Evidence of research collaboration with individuals within and across disciplines
- An ability to integrate one's own research with the mission of the CON and ECU
- Experience with methods and designs including longitudinal, nested, and/or dyadic research programs is preferred
Special Instructions to Applicant
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the following required applicant documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Three References (noting contact information)
Additionally, an original transcript of your highest degree is required upon hire. If the highest degree is not in nursing, please provide original of highest degree and original of highest degree in nursing.
Additional Instructions to Applicants
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 976019 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/24359