Our well-established independent practice located just outside Washington, DC is seeking an additional neuropsychologist to join our multi-disciplinary treatment team of clinical psychologists, neuropsychologists, art therapist, anger & stress management specialist & other allied healthcare providers. Our beautiful, spacious office with a strong local and international referral base also has great benefits to offer!
Approximately 4 neuropsychological batteries per month
--Comprehensive clinical interview(s) with parents, caregivers, or adult patients
--Designing of individualized neuropsychological battery for each patient
--Working with office staff to distribute, track, and collect necessary assessment forms via e-mail to parents, teachers, and other relevant caregivers
--At least three hours (one testing session) with each patient
--Coordination and collaboration with psychometrist who performs remaining 3+ hours of patient testing
--Thorough analysis and write-up of results from neuropsychological batteries
--Interpretive session(s) discussing findings and recommendations from neuropsychological evaluation with parents, patients age 13+, and other relevant professionals, to be performed
4-5 weeks following the conclusion of neuropsychological testing.
--Providing referrals to neuropsych patients to psychiatrists, psychotherapists, SLP’s, OT’s, and other relevant professionals for additional evaluations and/or treatment.
--Consultation with schools, work sites, etc. regarding patient’s needs.
Administration of semi-manualized, 12-week, cognitive-behaviorally based Executive Functioning Skills Training (EFST) program.
--Expected caseload: 1-4 concurrent patients at any given time.
--Brief evaluation of treatment needs and isolation of treatment goals to be written up in formalized treatment plan for approval and signature by patient (and parents of patients <18 years of age)
--Outlining of 10-week course of treatment with weekly activities and homework assignments for meeting goals in treatment plan.
--Weekly in-office sessions with patient (and usually parents for at least part of each session)
--Optional second weekly session with each patient, conducted via secure video chat platform, if warranted by treatment goals or patient need.
--Maintenance of treatment notes organized around treatment plan.
--Informal mid-program evaluation of treatment progress and refinement of goals as needed.
--Follow-up, in-office appointments at 3-months, 6-months, and one year after conclusion of EFST program to address maintenance of treatment gains and address any new issues arising.
· PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology from APA accredited institution
· Virginia license or eligible
· At least one year of supervised postdoctoral experience, in neuropsychological evaluation of children, adolescents, and adults
· At least one year of supervised experience providing cognitive-behaviorally oriented psychotherapy services to children, adolescents, and adults
· Extensive familiarity with current research and practice in following topics: ADHD, executive dysfunction, developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, sensory processing problems, traumatic brain injury, dementia
· Familiarity with current neurobehavioral research regarding mindfulness-based treatment for attention/executive dysfunction.
Please include a cover letter for your application to be reviewed.