The Child Mind Institute is an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. Our teams work every day to deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals, and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most. Together with our supporters, we're helping children reach their full potential in school and in life. We share all of our resources freely and do not accept any funding from the pharmaceutical industry.
The Child Mind Institute is pleased to announce the opening of a clinical center in the San Mateo. Our west coast operation will tackle barriers to mental healthcare by providing best-in-class clinical care including evaluations and intensive, evidence-based treatments tailored to each child’s individual needs. We will expand access to services through financial aid funding for patient care and free online resources for parents, educators, and policymakers. The Child Mind Institute is deeply committed to partnering with the Bay Area community through our school-based services, public education events, and community-based mental health trainings.
The Child Mind Medical Practice is a multidisciplinary team of psychologists, psychiatrists, neuropsychologists, social workers, speech-language therapists and learning specialists. We work closely with each other to ensure that each family gets the care and attention they need. Our clinicians are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with emotional, behavioral and developmental problems. We have particular expertise working with children with ADHD and behavior disorders, anxiety and mood disorders, and learning and developmental disabilities, and provide state-of-the-art diagnostic evaluations and treatment informed by the latest research.
Reporting to the Clinical Director, San Francisco Bay Area, this is an exempt, full-time position located in our San Mateo office.
The Child Mind Institute is proud to be named a Great Place to Work-Certified company! Our competitive compensation and benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) with match, flexible work schedules, paid parental leave, dependent care and discounted tickets and entertainment perks program.
- Provide comprehensive neuropsychological and academic evaluations for children, adolescents and young adults with a variety of concerns including language or learning disorders, ADHD, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, intellectual disabilities, and emotional disorders
- Complete user friendly reports for each evaluation within the timelines set forth by the practice
- Collaborate with schools to review evaluation findings and support families in obtaining accommodations
- Collaborate with our child and adolescent psychiatrists and psychologists on cases requiring ongoing treatment
- Provide clinical supervision to psychology trainees
- Conduct public workshops on children’s mental health topics for community outreach
- Doctoral degree from an APA-accredited program in clinical psychology
- Completion of APA-approved clinical pre-doctoral internship
- Completion of post-doctoral fellowship
- Must have a current, valid, unrestricted license to practice psychology in the state of California or be in the process of obtaining that license
- Minimum of 2 years licensed experience
- Demonstrated experience with professional writing as well as with public speaking preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups
- Must have the desire to serve and work to fulfill the mission of Child Mind Institute
Please upload your resume and cover letter during the application process.