The Air Force Research Laboratory's 711 Human Performance Wing is looking for a highly qualified Neuropsychologist at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. The AFRL 711 Human Performance Wing is made up of forward thinking scientists and engineers who share the common goal of creating groundbreaking technologies and discovering solutions that inspire new capabilites. AFRL's mission is to lead discovery, development, integration, and delivery of warfighting technologies across air, space, and cyberspace.
As an AFRL employee, you will have the opportunity to shape and/or strengthen innovative technology for an organization that has overseen more than 80 years of research for the Air Force and Department of Defense. This is a Federal Government civilian position with no active or reserve duty commitments.
Work Schedule: Full time
Summary of Duties
- This Aeromedical Consultation Service (ACS) professional serves as a consultant at the US Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine in the specialized area of aviation neuropsychology
- Administering, scoring, and interpreting neuropsychological tests
- Conducting clinical interviews
- Writing neuropsychological reports and providing dispositional recommendations of aircrew and special operations members
- Working effectively as part of a multidisciplinary aerospace medicine consultation team
- Teaching residents in aerospace medicine, flight surgeons from allied nations, and other Department of Defense (DoD) personnel on the application of aviation neuropsychological assessment and evaluation
- Supervising psychometrists and technicians
- Consulting with flight surgeons on aeromedical policy and aircrew standards as related to psychological and neuropsychological disorders and conditions
- Collaborating on research projects related to psychological and neuropsychological assessment of disorders in aviation.
- Active state psychology license in any US state
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior Active Duty psychologist
- Fellowship trained neuropsychologist
- Interest and experience working with aviators and special operations personnel
Clinical Psychologist: Ph.D. (or equivalent) in clinical psychology from APA accredited program
Salary Range: $87,853.00 - $124,152.00
- Appointee must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. Incumbent may be subject to random drug testing.
- Travel and/or performance of additional duties may be required.
- Individuals interested in applying to this position must be a U.S. citizen.
- To be considered for this position please apply no later than close of business 22 July 2019.