Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation - West Orange, NJ
For over six decades, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has pioneered the course of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Consistently named to “America’s Best Hospitals List” by U.S News & World Report, Kessler has set the gold standard in rehabilitation and is ranked as the top rehabilitation hospital in the East.
A full-time Neuropsychologist position is available supporting the Outpatient Cognitive Rehabilitation Program (CRP) treating primarily the brain injury population.
The Neuropsychologist would travel to Kessler’s hospital-based Outpatient Centers and Kessler Rehabilitation Center mostly covering West Orange, Saddle Brook and (1 day) Flemington, NJ.
Dayshift - Monday - Friday
- Conducts psychological evaluations, including a collection of anamnestic information and mental status examination, leading to a diagnostic impression and recommendations for management and/or treatment
- Conducts neuropsychological evaluations, including specific and/or batteries or neuropsychological tests
- Provides psychological treatment and interventions, as indicated, including individual, marital-family and /or group counseling as well as crisis intervention
- Prepares and delivers oral and written psychological reports to appropriate medical and/or clinical staff in a timely manner
- Contributes to program improvement in an effort to improve the quality of clinical services on an ongoing basis
- Doctoral degree (PhD, PsyD, EdD) in Psychology, Rehabilitation Psychology required; Neuropsychology preferred
- Current and valid NJ state licensure as a Psychologist required
- Medicare Provider eligibility
- One or more post-doctoral years of experience in the practice of Psychology required, Neuropsychological practice within a physical rehabilitation setting preferred