Full-Time, Part-Time & Extra Help
San Mateo Medical Center
$93,724 - $117,166 Annually
San Mateo Medical Center (SMMC) is seeking qualified Clinical Psychologists with expertise in Integrated Behavioral Health for part-time and full-time extra help positions. Bilingual proficiency in Spanish is preferred, but not required for all positions.
If you are a Psychologist with a passion for providing comprehensive and integrated behavioral health care to the underserved residents of San Mateo County, then consider joining our team!
We are seeking licensed professionals who are proficient in brief, evidence-based models of psychotherapeutic interventions withadult populations to work at our main hospital location in San Mateo and our satellite clinic in Redwood City.
Licensed Psychologists fulfill the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assess, evaluate and provide psychological treatment to adult San Mateo County residents with acute or chronic psychiatric illness both inpatient and outpatient
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to develop, implement, coordinate and evaluate mental health treatment plans for a broad range of behavioral and psychosocial concerns
- Employ a variety of empirically-validated approaches as indicated by specific presenting problems to change behaviors, achieve symptom relief and improve functioning
- Develop and conduct group psychotherapy, psychoeducational programs and classes
- Create, implement and evaluate behavioral medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of settings, with an emphasis on diabetes care, obesity and health-risk behaviors
- Render consultation to primary care and specialty providers on matters relating to mental health, health psychology and behavioral medicine
- Offer crisis intervention when needed
- Maintain accurate and current notes in electronic health records and inpatient medical records, and produce reports of evaluation and/or treatment as required
- Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in behavioral/health psychology
- Provide liaison services between patients and other providers as needed
- Supervise psychology and other mental health trainees
The ideal candidates will also have a doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from a regionally accredited educational institution and must have completed the required trainings related to providing clinical supervision. Possession of a California license in Clinical Psychology is required for this position, however candidates who have passed the EPPP exam and are in the process of receiving a California license in Clinical Psychology within a 90-day period may be considered in this recruitment, but will not be able to start the position until license is obtained. The eal candidate will also have 2 years of clinical experience with an adult population. Starting salary is negotiable, depending on experience, and includes a biweekly bilingual differential pay added to the hourly base pay, for the bilingual Spanish position.
The selected candidate will possess qualifications that include:
· Ability to provide culturally-sensitive, psychological services to a low-income, underprivileged population (in Spanish language for the bilingual position)
· Expertise in empirically-validated psychological interventions for both individual and group therapy pertaining to a broad range of behavioral and psychosocial issues
· Familiarity with psychological interventions related to preventative care and behavioral medicine, in particular related to diabetic care models, obesity and health-risk behaviors
· Previous clinical responsibilities to include psychological testing, diagnosis, crisis intervention, as well as brief individual and group psychotherapy
· Qualified to supervise psychology trainees
· Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations and APA standards as they relate to client treatment, patient rights and client/patient confidentiality
· Knowledge of psychological testing techniques, administration and interpretation
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Extra-help assignments are at-will and the employee is paid on an hourly basis. Extra-help workers are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the extra-help assignment.
Apply immediately. Continuous until filled
To learn more about this and other positions, and to apply online, please visit:
Applications are only accepted online. EOE